FauxNews: FEMA to Stage Disasters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 1, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Next, FEMA Plans to Stage “Natural” Disasters

In Other Words, if FEMA stages the disasters in the first place instead of waiting to react, willy-nilly.. they will be a helluva more efficient in dealing with them.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well this administration has managed to plant news stories in the print and television media among other things, if Carl Rove were still around I wouldn't put staging a disaster past them.

3. pettyfog

I dont think you got the 'ironic wit', Spencer.. or you didnt address it.

You see it's all about how 'Guv'mint Central Planning is...' Oh hell, never mind!

4. pettyfog

Diplomatic Means????

I'm giving up on linking to prime sources... you'll just have to wade through my links to "Right Wing Blogs'

Particularly in cases like this... It's all about Dubya FORCING Foreign Service officers into the Baghdad Embassy duty.

Note that this clown .. yes I said CLOWN.. Juan Cole, steadfastly Liberal, steadfastly anti-war 'pundit' says NOW -at this time-, that sending diplomats into Iraq -at this time- is sending them into a danger-zone.
    And, NOW - at this time- suggests closing DOWN the US Iraq Embassy.

So let me get this straight... there is a tick box on the application one signed when applying that says:

"Only will serve in Safe but Interesting Places, and primarily wish to facilitate/attend Embassy Balls and Receptions for Heads of State."

or, maybe:

"Only interested in facilitating US Foreign Policy that I agree with"

Well I suggest that Juan Cole would say or do ANYTHING to see the US fail in Iraq... you dont like it, lump it.
    I also suggest that any Foreign Service types who wont go find a nice safe PR or Mortgage BAnker job and the State Department hire some of these mid-rank Military that are doing their jobs on the ground in Iraq.

OJT is more effective than F#$#$@king classwork and diplomas any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Read more or dont... doesnt matter to me.

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I took it as the gov't under this administration likes to create its own reality(ie planting stories, reporters, and most recently staging this fake news confrence) and then taking that train of thought to the next level and in doing so mocking them. Like Colbert does.

And I'm sayin hey if CRove were still around anythings possible. Half joking.

6. pettyfog

So... you DIDNT get it, then. Just fess up. No One's grading you.

Here's the Clinker: "THIS ADMINISTRATION..." which differs in this regard, HOW?

THAT IS MY POINT. that is the 'Scrappleface' point.

Added: oh hell, I just realized it LOOKS like I'm grading you.. but think about this. I already KNOW that otherwise intelligent clear thinking people will 'blame it on Bush' no matter WHAT it is.

So you lose no points... except that you brought up Colbert.

If you think Colbert is a good 'relief' for the Frustrations of the Masses, you REALLY ought to step back and squuint your eyes a little. He only acts to increase the dissatisfaction with our own political processes; Fantastically flawed as they are.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, it was THIS ADMINISTRATION who hired a male hooker [among others], gave him press credentials, and welcomed him into the White House press corps to lob softballs at the president.

And, it was THIS ADMINISTRATION who faked a news conference in order to congratulate itself.

And since there's no othre administration who has done these two things [and if I'm wrong, please cite chapter and verse], then Spencer is -- as usual -- right on in his comment, and you are -- as usual -- the guy who "doesn't get it."

8. pettyfog

Those TWO SPECIFIC THINGS?!!!!!!

Well, now Don, when Hill... I mean Gore.. is elected I am gonna have a FIELD DAY WITH YOU!

But... say, are you meaning that Bush suggested that the idiot do that press conference?

Are you saying that FEMA operated BETTER under Clinton? Think hard now..

We dont know... the best we have is Andrew & Homestead in 92. And there the response was mitigated a little by lack of flooding over the same scale. Menawhile people were still complaining about the after-response on andrew and a couple subsequent lesser disasters.

While the blame has been put on the DHS focus on Terror Disasters, exactly WHAT is the difference in the intitial response?

I cant think of any... except there's NO warning. thus the snark about being able to actually stage them for better effect... the drift meaning, "we dont do so good with just a few days, maybe if we were responsible for the whole plan!"

Anyway... good try Don. I'm sure the bureaucracies will work MUCH better when the Dems are accountable for everything.