Exercise question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Clevelandmo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

If I shoveled snow three times today, am I still obligated to do my daily (not exactly daily but scheduled) exercise?

2. tonyb

tonyb New Member

depends, how deep was the snow? i would say no. shoviling is pretty good excersise i think.

3. Clevelandmo

Re: RE: Exercise question

At 5am it was about 5", at 9am it was bout 3-4", at 4pm it was about 8". The driveway is about 110' long plus I did the path to the front door for the mailman and the 50' long sidewalk (only once).

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

in all seriousness, it's hard to imagine any exercize that gives you more of a cardio-type workout than shoveling snow. It's why they tell old guys like us NOT to do it. I understand it's why teenagers were invented.

5. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well if I'm ever in San Antonio and there just happens to be snow in your driveway for some reason, feel free to give me a call :wink:

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ian, when I lived in Maryland, I had a boss who told me that. When we had the record breaking "blizzard of 83," he said he shoveled a 1 food wide path down his driveway, set up his portable bar in his garage with the doors open, and all his neighbors came over for morning alcohol while watching their teen-aged sons shovel snow off driveways and sidewalks.

As for your offer, thanks; but I think you'll probably be 35 before it ever snows enough here for anyone to shovel. It's a big reason why I live here.

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Yeah, I'm wishing I would be experiencing Texas weather right now. I'm sick of snow...

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

That's why I always wait until it has finished snowing before I even think about shoveling. Then again, my driveway has been an icy mess for weeks.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, when I got back from Over There, it was a freezing cold January day -- 5 degrees in Cleveland. I was soooooooooooooo happy. I wished it was colder! Beats the hell out of 120 degrees and rising.

10. Clevelandmo

Just for the record, shoveling snow does replace exercising. Nearly every muscle in my body informed me of this the next day.