Everton v Fulham: FA Cup 4th Round

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sfm, Jan 8, 2012.

1. tim

tim Active Member

From FSC's official twitter:

We are pleased to announce that we will be showing Everton v Fulham FA Cup LIVE this Friday 3pm ET on @FOXSoccer

I guess sometimes good things can happen!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Let's see if it works this time. Thanks to WhiteJC for finding. From 1975, the 5th round win at Everton and an interview w/Viv Busby who scored both calls. Also see some of the clubs great players in extended action (Bobby Moore, Les Barrett, Allen Mullery, and Jimmy Conway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yAKezSKVU

3. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Awesome news! Now I just wish I didn't have to work. I will definitely be recording it so I'll have to avoid all Facebook and Twitter for a few hours.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I heard them announce their coverage of the match while watching the Citeh v. Liverpool Carling Cup match. Evidently, they're going to block out the usual feed and give us JP Dellecamara and Eric the Wynalda. I don't usually like that arrangement because the commentary is too tied to the camera, but at least it's being broadcast.

When I check my cable "tv guide," they still had other programming listed. So, if they haven't made arrangements by match day, just set your DVR for the time period NOT for the program.

I'm hoping to watch live and get a View From South Texas up as soon as possible. I think we have a shot at this. And, if we do, I'll lead the :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

6. horleywhites

horleywhites New Member

Lets not get to negative guys they havent beaten us in the FA cup in 8 attemps. COYW :banana-dance:

7. SoCalJoe

Now that's a great statistic! And to horleywhites a big :text-welcomeconfetti:

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Echo SoCalJoe.. Welcome, horleywhites.

I just hope it's the second half team from the Newcastle that shows up tomorrow. And if that's the team that shows, we should be able to win... especially since Everton's has only won 3 games out of 11 at home.

Everton's home record
    3 wins, 3 draws, 5 losses.

But this is Fulham's away record
    Fulham's away record
    1 win, 5 draws, 5 losses :doh:

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Does a draw equate with a home fixture in this round? Or does it go to extra time?

If you can't tell, I'm too lazy to use the Google-machine.

I like Fulham's chances, but don't necessarily believe in a victory - oh, so Fulhamish.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well I googled it and found out an interesting tidbit from Wiki:

11. tim

tim Active Member

Thrilled to see FSC pick this up. I will be on total media blackout until I get home (my DVR is already set).

I don't usually make predictions, but we'll be up for this one, so save an unlucky break, I'm expecting a good result. For those participating, enjoy the chatroom. I'll be at my office pulling my hair out.

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

My guide only showed it from 3 to 4 tomorrow....ooops. But I had already set it for the time period. Also according to my guide right after is the Prem League review show. So if you have not seen Clint's hat trick (well, you much not be a Fulham fan) or want to see it again set the DVR an extra hour

13. SoCalJoe

14. nevzter

Of course, PG&E picks today to perform maintenance around my house which will cause a power outage from 9 to 2 today. Gonna have to find a bar in SF to watch this puppy as the DVR will be down.

COYW

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ouch. Good luck. But this is one of the more anticipated FA Cup matches in awhile in the US, so you shouldn't have a problem. Here's hoping you get to do this :eek:bscene-drinkingbuddies: with a fellow Fulham fan after the match, Nevzter.

16. nevzter

Thanks, DCHeather! Here's hoping you get to raise one too!

COYW

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Nevzter, is your avatar a picture of capt'n Murph hugging Jimmy Bullturd? Why may I ask? Is he putting a "kick me" sign or something else appropriate on his back?

COYW

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'll be in the chat for the match.

19. SoCalJoe

Well at least the chatroom was entertaining. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Just another away performance that wasn't nearly good enough (the scoreline flattered us). :angry-cussingblack:

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator