European Competition

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, May 20, 2007.

?

UEFA Champions League: Liverpool or AC Milan?

Poll closed May 23, 2007.
  1. Liverpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. AC Milan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't ask me, I'm with PettyFog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jmh

jmh New Member

Are those all video streams or are there audio streams available we well? (BBC Radio Five isn't broadcasting it online.)

2. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Inzagi goal = best stealth handball in recent memory?

I didn't get a real good look at it, but it certainly looked like it came off his arm.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

4. jmh

jmh New Member

It did come off his arm, but it looked to me like he was trying to get out of the way as opposed to trying to redirect it.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

off his arm=handball=no goal.

The German ref is having a helluva good match, but EVERYBODY missed that one.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

D'oh 2-1.

Everytime Kaka gets the ball near the box, I believe he will score. Not many other players inspire that belief for me. Despite being Rossoneri (and it's hard for me to compliment them), the man is pure class.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Inzaghi's only two onside moments of the year.

8. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Keeping in mind I have no real interest in either squad. Man did Benitez blow that game. As you all witnessed there are too many instances to list, let alone digress. The smart money was on Milan. Or the ref. I still am chewing on that. But if people don't want to play Jermaine Defoe or Peter Crouch, I know a team that could use some scoring up front. Oh yeah, how funny was the offsides trap. Seriously.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Crouch is shit. He's so soft. I'd LOVE to have Defoe.

10. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

You've got a very valid point. But he still somehow manages to finish when given the opportunity. The last thing I want to do is beat the Peter Crouch drum.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

No Bellamy. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

12. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the handball on that first goal. I'm sure Liverpool fans will be more upset about that after they scored their goal.

Overall I thought it was a decent game to watch, but Liverpool just failed to seal the deal on their MANY possible attacks.

And I was absolutely going crazy that Crouch didn't get in until the 83rd minute. Within 4 minutes he had one of the closest chances Liverpool had all evening. Someone please explain to me the logic of keeping your top scorer in the CL out practically the entire game. If I wanted that trophy bad enough, Crouch would have been in there at the start of the second half. Someone that tall and lanky is a corner taker's fantasy.

</rant>