Europa Final: Fulham v Atletico Madrid

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by general125, May 3, 2010.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Dare I even mention......oh,what the hell....SUPER CUP.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

By the way, the romantics choice is of course Atletico.

Fulham being European Champions on any level is kind of like.....Milwaukee winning the World Series, Sacramento winning the NBA, Tennessee winning the Super Bowl, or the Columbus Crew winning MLS.

The Media just won't like it. We are the underdogs regardless of what any bookie says.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

I dunno... I mean, Fulham aren't the biggest club in the world, but London is still London. It's not like we're talking about Hartlepool United.

4. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

The boys have made us proud so far, and that won't change for me, win or lose. If they "bring it" tomorrow like they have done in Europe all season, we can expect a good result. At that point I'll be doing my best JP imitation. Lookin' forward to hangin' with ArticBob, my buddy from Derby whose on the bandwagon, and the rest of the Triangle footy 'ooligans.....COYW

5. tim

tim Active Member

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Less than 24 hours now.

Keys; Obviously the health of Bobby and DD. Clint will be ready to fill in if either can't go. The captain bringing his A game. The Big Aussie will be called on and he needs to answer. Someone stepping up in the final third and finding that moment of brilliance.

I BELIEVE, COYW!!!

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Gah -- I have a meeting w/ the parents of one of my students at 1415 tomorrow. If she shows, I will miss the live event, and wil be avoiding all forms of media until 2000 Thursday, for the rebroadcast -- that's a long time,; it will take a lot of work and local news.

Then again, I have had a lot of parents miss meetings, so I am hopeful still...

8. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

The BBC Reports that Both Zamora and Duff trained yesterday and will again train tonight, looking good already I can smell the silver from here.

Top scorer Bobby Zamora and Damien Duff have boosted Fulham by returning to training ahead of Wednesday's Europa League final against Atletico Madrid.

Manager Roy Hodgson has to decide if Zamora, who has six goals in Europe but has been out since the semi-final on 29 April, will be fit to start in Hamburg.

"Both players trained yesterday and that was very positive, hopefully they will train this evening," said Hodgson.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

While I think Madrid can be had for more than one goal, I expect this to be played like most one game finals, very conservatively. 1-0 Fulham. Goal in the final 20 min of the second half. I'd bet either Gera or Dempsey get the winner.

10. Martin-in-Nashville

Re: Watching the game

Here's one you can try also:

Click on Live sports when you get to home page:

http://atdhe.net/index.html

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

getting closer

12. Martin-in-Nashville

Our Father, who art in Hamburg, Hodgson be thy name. Here we come, Spanish should run, In Germany as is in England. Give us this day our biggest win. And forgive us our bad passes, And may we punish those who pass bad against us. And lead us not into humiliation, But deliver us this trophy. For Craven Cottage is our kingdom, We follow Fulham to glory, For ever and ever. Amen

13. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I don't think I have seen this posted on here already, but a nice article on Dempsey before the final.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Regarding his cast: "He acts out his point, jabbing out first his left fist and then his right one, which bears a nasty cut and a number of stitches, the result of a ‘stupid’ accident and why the 27-year-old American has been sporting a bandage on his wrist of late."

15. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Standing up!

16. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I think I'm going to be one breath away from hurling throughout the match...

17. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Heh, Terri, I know what you mean!

I'm playing hooky from work for a few hours to take my sis to our favorite pub for the game. Oh, and it's her birthday, so if someone up there could see fit to gift her a win, that'd be great, you hear me?

Martin, that was a brilliant prayer. I'm carrying it with me tomorrow.

COYW!!!

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Meggrs, check out the post marked Danny Coyles. There's another FFC supporter looking for company.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

20. NewYorkCottagerAbroad

NewYorkCottagerAbroad New Member

Wow, it is still another 6 hours to go before the match and I can barely sit still. Hold on to your seats, fellow Cottagers, today is going to be a massive day for the club. Fingers crossed it ends in glory and Danny Murphy hoisting the trophy!