8. Croatia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Holland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It looks like ESPN is changing their mind. They have France v. Italy scheduled for the main channel and Netherlands v. Rumania on Classic. I just clicked on Classic in time to hear the Male dumbass say, "back in a moment with France v. Italy."

Hmmmm. I'm lookning forward to the other match. Could be lots of fun.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

France down a man after a rather senseless challenge from Abidal inside the box. Now they're down a goal after Pirlo converts the penalty.

Looks like they're headed out once again.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Forza Italia!

Luca Toni is playing awsome but he just can't finish!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

0-0 at the half in the other match. If there were any justice, it's be 1-1. Strange to see a Dutch side having trouble finished. It's also much easier to root for Holland when Robben is NOT playing. I thought he was a tool at Chelscum, and I don't think much of him at Real or for the Orange.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Besides having one of the coolest names in football, Huntelaar just made things much more interesting for Italy and France.

Especially for Italy as of the time of this post.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Italia 2-0!!! DeRossi with a hell of a lucky deflection.

7. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Yup, that's surely curtains for Les Bleus.

Italy vs Spain in the quarterfinals, should be an intriguing match-up.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wow; even when they're boring and pedestrian, The Netherlands win by two goals.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Well..........that was good dramer, in that they at least waited until the end of the second half to make it official.

Please let Sweden prevail tomorrow. If for nothing else, then to watch a clashing sea of bright oranje and bright yellow in the stands during a Dutch v. Svenska quarterfinal.

Oh yeah, and to see the King of Kings get some more playing time (I will not be dissuaded jmh!!), along with Ljunberg and Ibrahimovic of course.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Q-finals (so far):

Portugal v. Germany (Delish!)
    Croatia v. Turkey (pee-yuw!)
    Spain v. Italia (Yes, please.)
    Holland v. ___________ (Oranje Crush the Competition, so far)

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I really thought Romania was gonna do the business today. But Mutu and Chivu played like shit and WHY wasn't Marica playing the whole tournament? Pisurca is a piece of shit. I'm Italian and French and now I have to hear how good Italy are. Fuck Italia. Fuck my ancestory.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

My final four: Portugal, Turkey, Italia, and Holland.

If Italy can survive with their two lost players, they'll win it all. I'd RATHER the Dutch win it, but ... .

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Pray tell who is going to stop Spain, besides Spain themselves? Villa and Torres up top are terrifying. The Dutch and/or Portugese have the ability to outscore them, and Germany may have the goods to slow them down, but Spain is looking good....yep, looking good enough to lose on an own goal or something.

I don't see anybody beating Spain, especially negative Italian football that isn't going to do the job this time around.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spain ALWAYS beats Spain. This is the 5th or 6th tourney I've seen where they have the best personnel top-to-bottom and they have NEVER performed like they should. Historically, no team in any sport has ever underperformed under pressure like the Spanish national side.

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Well, there is that little squad from Engerland........

16. jmh

jmh New Member

I can't see Italy beating Spain without Pirlo or Gattuso. Toni won't get as much service without Pirlo in there, and Puyol and Marchena should handle him better than Gallas and the out-of-position Abidal.

Of course, as it was put above, Spain always beats Spain.

17. DCDave

DCDave Member

Mutu looked like he hadn't recovered from missing the penalty vs. Italy. He was trying too hard to force scoring opportunities, and whenever they didn't work, he had this very pained expression on his face. Romania seemed to put themselves in desperation mode from the beginning of the game. I even wore my Romania shirt and had my Romania scarf, and that wasn't enough to put them over...

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Totally agree Dave. Romania started so desperate that they were exhausted by the second half. To say they were "tight" is a massive understatement. Looked like the whole team had a bad enough case of the nerves that they ALL threw-up pre-match.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hell if Italy isn't like the Head Vampire. You can throw holy water and give him 3rd degree burns. You can take a cross and scinge a nice tatto on his face. However, if you don't pound that wooden stake or throw him into direct sunlight the bastard just keeps coming. Spain has a squad of full of Van Helsings, but when the chips are down can they finish the deal?? Not only are they taking on a team w/belief, but when you know your own team's choking history and are asked about it repeatily it becomes an albatross. I'm taking Spain for now, but I'm regretting it already.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

You are sooooooo Hollywood Goth, SoCalJoe.