Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCBaltimore, May 31, 2007.

1. FFCBaltimore

FFCBaltimore New Member

Has anyone any experience watching Euro qualifiers (or any games for that matter) through streaming over the internet? I am hoping to find a reliable site that can run on a Macintosh computer. The next round of qualifiers is this Saturday (the game I want to watch, Greece vs. Hungary, is not televised). Thanks in advance...

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I will check for you on another forum I frequent. Hopefully I will be able to find something that will work for you.

Cheers

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Multicultural time: Just noted that Bosnia-Herzogovnia's goal today was scored by, and this is a seriously interesting name for that region, Muslimovic!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My beloved top-of-the-table Poland lost to lowly Armenia today. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. They were playing so well. They still have a chance to qualify, but they will have to play well against Finland, Portugal, Serbia and Belgium in their last matches. That will NOT be easy my friends.

5. Team_of_McBrides

The Irish are doing fairly well, but they have an uphill battle to knock Germany or the Czech Republic from the top two spots. If they fail to move on then I have to move on to support the Norther Ireland lads. Either way I believe one of them will advance. (fingers crossed)

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Beckham appears to have two assists on goals now, and good on 'im! He's got bucket loads more class than his manager.

On a personal note, Scotland have won 2-0, so are still in it. And Germany are up 3-1, and very much still in it.

I cannot believe Poland is blowing it....., but Czech appears to be headed that route also. Ireland, well, while still in it, could be between them and Czech for 2nd in that Group.

Anyone know the breakdown for the procedure for 3rd place teams getting a chance to move on. I seem to vaguely recall such a possibility existing, but damn if I remember anything about it.

7. Team_of_McBrides

If a nation finishes third in their group they are eliminated. The top two nations from each group advance to the next round so that makes 14 nations from seven groups and the last 2 nations are automatically qualified because they are the host nations. This year those two nations will be Austria and Switzerland.

So come on you Irish!!!

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Thank you. Confusion resolved.

9. DCDave

DCDave Member

My team, Romania, beat mighty Slovenia today 2-0, to firm up their grip of the top of the table in Group G. It was the second time Romania beat Slovenia in five days; in a bit of wierd scheduling, the two teams met in Solvenia last Saturday, with Romania winning that match 2-1 (the goal allowed was in stoppage time).

There are basically three decent teams in Group G: Romania, Bulgaria, and the Netherlands. They have all played each other once and drawn all of those matches, but Bulgaria also drew against Albania, which may cost them.

10. Team_of_McBrides

Romania...so did you just cover your eyes and stick your finger on a globe then say alright...that is my nation to support?

The Dutch are the most talented side in that group, but I believe Romania and Bulgaria are level in terms of talent. Romania seems to be striking the iron while it is hot though. Congrats to them.

11. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

TOC, not to bring history and politics into a sports forum, but going from Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland seems surprising. Do allegiances to one or the other not carry over to sports? (I'm in no way trying to rile anything up, just curious).

As for myself, I'm Italian and Guatemalan, so considering how I loate their styles of play, it's pretty tough to pull for a team based on heritage. So I guess, go Netherlands? (I can get down with their lifestyle at least)

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

ToC, I'll take a wild guess and suggest Dave is of Romanian decent. Three good teams, I'll agree and say Bulgaria is not advancing.

Speaking of a tough group, I'm both Irish and Czech and since Germany will most certainly get out of that group one of my Euro teams will be watching on TV.

Somewhere Steve Bartman is symphathizing. He only had to deal w/psycho Cub fans when that whole foul ball fiasco went down. How about a whole country wanting to wring your neck?? That Danish guy whose name won't even be published might have to move out of Denmark after attacking the ref. The sad thing in both cases is that players must share a lot of the blame. In the Cubs case the shortstop booted a double play ball after Bartman, and in the Denmark some idiot defender socked the Swedish player in the stomach in a tied game w/2 minutes to go.

13. Team_of_McBrides

BC...my family is Irish. Not too sure what part of Ireland they are from, but I will cheer primarily for the Republic of Ireland and if no other side really peaks my interest the Northern Ireland bunch. I know that is rather odd with the religous, political and every other sort of division a group of people can find divides them. It is just football afterall. If the two sides played against each other I would support the Republic of Ireland.

SoCal...Stever Bartman, that brings back memories. I am a White Sox fan so I loved every minute of the Cubs losing their heads in that series. Felt bad for Bartman, because any fan in that situation would go for the ball. Lame excuse to blow a series. Grow a back bone Cubs fans, players and coaching staff. You lost it for yourselves, Bartman didn't blow it for you.

Danish fan should of known better. I have been upset at officiating or just general play in a match, but never in my wildest dreams would I attempt to physically assault someone on the field of play. Shameful...The referee did the right thing to send the defender off. What defender in their right mind would sucker punch a player in their own box with two minutes to go? Show a little control, class or even integrity if you can muster it up.

At least Daniel Agger scored ;)

14. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

http://www.uefa.com

You can watch live games as well as in-demand games for champions league, euro 2008, and some other stuff that I can't remember. Dunno about Mac support, but check them out.

15. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Of course if you watch the live stream from uefa.com you will have to pay roughly $10/match. It is a bit steep unless it is a match that you can't miss.

I'm hoping to find a free stream somewhere on the net, but I doubt I will be able to watch the game, because I will be busy with the RSL v. China match.

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

Give SoCalJoe a cigar! I am half Romanian, on my mother's side. I also have fond memories of watching them, esepcilly Hagi, during the 1994 World Cup.

It's a bit like rooting for Fulham, a gritty underdog. I look forward to them surprising some teams in Euro 2008, like they did in the 1994 World Cup. While they didn't make the World Cup finals in 2006, they were in the race until the end.

17. Team_of_McBrides

They were in it until the end. I wouldn't count on them upsetting too many nations. Lets be honest...there isn't anyone in the side who compares to Hagi and his ability to dribble and score.

18. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Aaaah. All this talk of Euro 2008 reminds me of my days in the UK during the Euro 96 finals and all the fun that was.

I think i still have the taped final between Germany and Czech Republic that my Welsh host family gave me.

19. Team_of_McBrides

Where did you stay in Europe? Probably Wales I take it.

Can't remember back that far honestly, but thank the good lord that FSC, Gol TV and Setanta are here. Don't know what I would do without them.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just saw England's three goals. Boy is Donovan going to LOVE playing with Beckham. Both Crouch and Owen made pentrating blind runs and Becks delivered to both. He still crosses the ball with more precision than anyone in the world not named Ronaldihno.

Mind you, the chances had to be taken, and they were with style. Crouch, Owen, and Cole [off a Wayne Bridge throw-in] showed cool and deadly finishing. Although I'd rather have Rooney and a healthy Johnson as England's strike pair, Owen and Crouch have to be considered any time Becks is in the lineup.