Group D:
    Greece
    Sweden
    Spain
    Russia

My Predictions:
    Group A: Portugal and Czech Republic
    Group B: Deutschland and Croatia
    Group C: Italia and France (no upsets here)
    Group D: Espana and Sweden

Should be a great tournament and I can't wait for June 7.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Looks like Group C earns the "Group of Death" tag.

Romania blew it up in qualifying. Italy and France look weaker then they did in the World Cup. And Holland is always dangerous.

Vítězství Českomoravský Fotbalový Svaz!

Edit: That means I'll be supporting Czech Republic. "Franek" being my last name and all.

(Deutschland being my 2nd team [my mother's family]. Italia 3rd [my wife's fathers family]. See, European muttness has some advantages.)

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

As a Romanian fan, I am of course not happy about being in the group of death. Looking at the pots, I think we drew the toughest team in each pot.

On the other hand, don't count them out just yet. They won their group with their only loss coming after they had clinched, beating Holland in the process in a key late group matchup. While the FIFA ranking are not the most accurate, they are 12th in the world.

It's certainly an opportunity for Romania to get noticed if they do well, that's for sure!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

In supporting Poland, I am quite happy with the draw. While Gerrmany is a tough team as is Croatia, we are also with arguably the worst team in the competition in Austria.

If Poland can upset Germany or Croatia, I think they can advance. I can't wait for this tournament to begin.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I was gonna say...how bout the Poles getting drawn w/ Germany again. As if there isn't already some bad blood there. Should be a great match. Austria looks to be the weakest team in the tournament so therefore I'm going to have to jump on that bandwagon until they get shelled in the first two matches, after which i'll jump to the Russia wagon since their third match is going to be the all important "move on to the elimination rounds" match since it always is w/ Guus Hiddink. Then when they lose in controversy in the first elimination round, I'm going to jump on the Portugal wagon until they lose in the semis from having several players red carded...then i'm going to cheer for Greece who make another magical run to the final. When all is said and done, I'll just say I was always supporting Italy who follow up their WC title w/ the European Championship. :)

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I have to say that with England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, AND the Irish Republic out, I could really give a crap who wins or loses. This is pretty much the way I'll feel about the World Cup the next time we don't participate.

Good luck to all those sides with heritage connections with FulhAmericans, and good luck to any and all Fulham players who might participate.