EU trying to stifle Internet expression

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 17, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

As if Google buying YouTube wasnt bad enough.. and as if YouTube didnt ITSELF already stifle it:

EU plans threaten new media development

Good to see that UK is on the RIGHT side of this issue, anyway.

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

This is very lame. Come on, Europe now wants to protect minors from disturbing images? I was under the impression that one can show just about anything on Euro television. So why are they concerned about those on the net?

To regulate all video images because some may hurt young children is to me pointless.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Evidently, Europeans have given up on raising their own children just as we have. Must have the Nanny State say what can be on television or Internet or movies and "when."

Of course, this wouldn't just be a ruse to establish a precedent for the US and the EEC to stifle political dissent and criticism over the Internet.

Nah; of course not. 8)

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ummm.. you all DO the the difference between Excuse and Reason as pertains to Agenda!!!!!!!!
    Think 'Media Fairness' doctrine
    ;)

Let's make it clear... I once, and pretty recently, thought that Howard Stern should have been censored even more than he was.. should have been taken off the air, in fact.
    Then I thought about it. And.. in view of what is already happening on too many college campuses... and the mohammed cartoon foof..

Hmmmm.. we were saying about 'portents of fascism'?
    :twisted: