ESPN: Wynalda Out

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jan 18, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, speaking of Waldo, evidently that Guardian article was the last straw... {not really, but it's a tie-in}

Major Shakeup in MLS Broadcasting

'Kenn' blames us.. and then some.
    I cry BS on that. {See if you think the rest of his post makes sense}

SoccerAmerica did too..

IMO:
    He sucked in the booth, and that's about everyones opinion.

Still say he's great as studio analyst where he doesnt has to worry about air-fill banter and can just spit it out.

FSC, FSC FSC!

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I hope, and think, this will help his career more than hurt it. ESPN is hamstrung by the old guard. Wynalda needs to find a stage more considerate of his point of view. He's only one of the best American soccer players EVER. And the dude relates his passion very well.

Wynalda has way more to offer than MLS play-by-play. WAY MORE. Someone with decision making power knows this.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm glad Waldo is gone. The guy is arrogant and loves the sound of his voice too much. If he wants to do separate analyst stuff, like "Max's minute" on FSC, then fine, but keep him off game casts - he's distracting.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

I disagree. I hope FSC snaps him up posthaste, he's way better than anybody they have.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: RE: ESPN: Wynalda Out

Agree. Fox needs some real personality in its commentators. The Scottish accent or ability to properly pronounce hispanic names doesnt cut it fo me. However, to me FSC seems to avoid having an American perspective or bias and Wynalda has that.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Wynalda Co-Hosting FSC's Fone-In Tonight

Filling in for Cohen.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wynalda Co-Hosting FSC

Christian, you ain't got a hair if you don't call him up and ask for another interview!