EPL Player Salaries

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jmh, Nov 27, 2006.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Does anyone know of a website with a complete list of player salaries in the EPL? You wouldn't think it'd be so hard to find, but I can't seem to manage it. Thanks!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

No, I have not seen one. You can go to a transfers website and get transfer info:

http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/transfers/index.html

Footballers do not make nearly as much as NBA, MLB and NFL players on average. Watching the Manchester United-Chelsea match on Sunday, the broadcasters were commenting on Wayne Rooney's new deal paying him around 10 million a year. I am guessing he is one of the top players wage wise in England.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

There is no definitive list, individual salaries and transfer fees do not need to be made public. Speculation is usually fairly accurate. Much like US sportsman the salary that the club pays will be augmented by endorsement deals. Players also make money during transfer, if the club transfers the player they are entitled to a large propotion of the fee, anyone who leaves a club on a Bosman usually can make a lucrative signing on fee.

source.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Interesting, considering that Jordan was retired at that point!

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Thanks!