1. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

We as English fans can never be satisfied, reading the BBC boards this morning you would think that England lost yesterday, we are sitting at top of the group, we have to play Northern Ireland again who we completely outclassed, Wales, Austria and Poland, we dont have to leave the shores of the mainland but for one game, and thats still in the UK and our fans are moaning, even if we slip up against Poland we are likely to be going because the runner up in this group is likely to be one of the two best runners up. Would these fellow countrymen of mine rather be a french fan this morning with all those great players they have, or a Spanish fan with their great players, these teams are in dogfights to win their groups. No yesterday did not live up to last Saturdays game, but if you look at the game more closely it could have easily done so, England hit the woodwork three times , an inch or two the other way thats 5 - 0, if Owen had been just a little sharper he would have had an hat trick, and in many eyes their keeper was man of the match!!!!!! Scores against common opponents dont mean diddly squat, England beat Ireland 4 - 0, so if you follow that Poland played terrible last night to only squeak a win in the dying moments. No as an Englishman when you see the teams in this group you knew that this was going to be a repeat of the 1973 game, this group will be decided in Ocotober, unless one of the teams slip up, Poland nearly did yesterday, but I am very happy with England right now this line up looks very good, and strength on the bench gives me even more hope for this year and next.

2. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Hi John,

You're right in some points. You should be proud of England team definitely. No matter how many goals they scored against Azerbeijan. I don't see BBC sometimes. I didn't see BBC when I read after Saturday games that if Poland scored eight then England has something to do on Wednesday... What BBC wanted? Scored more? Was it joke? Not matter its possible or not, matter is that its simply kind of lucky to score eight in one game..
    I didn't see BBC when I read after Wednesday games that Poland win against N. Ireland was lucky. Thats no truth. Poland won beacuse they played far better than Ireland and even far better than against Azerbeijan. North Ireland should be lucky that they have goalkeeper like Taylor, who was brillant that night.
    No matter what BBC writes. For me England team is one of the best, or maybe even the best in Europe. Poland plays very well but its simply not as good team as England. Everything can happened in October, but win of Poland would be a surprise or even sensation then. I wish Poland to win but its not most important. Most important is to go to Germany next year. I hope we can see both teams England and Poland there.

Cheers!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Poland has a good manager?

If England had a GOOD manager (I'm sure SGE would do well at midlevel Prem), then there would be no contest!

I beat the drum for Moyes to run the team after 06.

4. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Poland manager is Pawel Janas. Great player years ago, former defender of Legia and Poland, member of team which got 3th in 1982 Spain Championship. As a manager he went up to 1/8 of Champions League with Legia some years ago.
    Not bad. Probably the best man in this place this time.

5. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

I did not say Poland were lucky to beat N Ireland, i did not see the game, they probably desrved the win, but as a Polish fan you were probably biting your nails towards the end of the game, against a team who England dominated from start to finish. My point was about the English media, Poland and England will finish one and two in thsi group and both teams will go, the game in October will probably only mean who gets the higher seed in 06.

6. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

In the main my point was about it too. :)