England vs USA (Rugby World Cup)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Sep 8, 2007.

?

Given the poor US showing against England, will you stop follwing our Natioanl Rugby Team?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. US HAS a National Rugby Team?!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hooo!

Anyone whose ever paid attention to anything will find that SA prospect scary. And Samoa should be no pushover, any long-time NFL fan knows that.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

England beat the Ausies last week in a very tight game to go into the semis and have now beaten France to book their place in the final, after a very slow start to the tournament.

Both the games were close and both very exciting. T_0_M - did you find a pub to watch the game in? The atmosphere would have been electric.

Either SA or Argentina await in the final.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

GBFC... I did make it out to a pub last night to watch the match and took about 10 of my friends with me as well. It was an amazing match and it started off brilliantly as well.

The pub was packed and everyone singing and shouting at the top of their lungs. I barely have a voice today. This needs to be said though... Johnny Wilkinson has a golden left foot. He comes up with a massive showing again and pulls England into the final.

"Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Coming For To Carry Me Home..."

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I now have a rugby story......

A guy at my community college started a rugby team and was desperate to find enough players........ so he asked me. Sounded like a great idea at the time, I must have temporarily blanked on just what Rugby involved. Anyhow I turned up for the first practice and he put a pretty good collection of athletes together, former football players and such.

Long story short I'm 5'11, 150, pretty skinny, particularly compared to everyone else present. And so we were learning how to ruck and I decided alright I gotzz the hang of this I'm going all out on the next one. Shoulder didn't agree, POP. Could barley move it but then it got a bit better so I played on only to have it happen again when I made a reach with the opposite arm. Three days on though it seems I'll live and may still be able to golf after all! Also my mouth guard saved me once when my jaw got snapped to the top of my skull. Other than that its a lot of fun. But I haven't played football since 6th grade, and this was only the first practice, cripes whats a game going to be like! So I haven't decided if I going to go on with it.

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hey Spencer, might I suggest you become a back. Messing with the forwards will only leave you counting fingers on a physio's hand. If you can catch a high ball and kick a little then full back is the place to be, if you are fast become a winger, and if you want to mix it up a little play centre. Keep up the good work!!!

Hi T_o_M, these is very little that compares to a pub full of rubgy fans, it is better than football! Especially when the whole pub is singing "swing low". Have you learned the actions for it yet?

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I have yet to learn the actions that go along with the song GBFC, but I will ask some of the guys at the local what they are. There may be more people at the pubs for football match days, but the crowd is by no means as vocal or as pumped for a match as the Rugby supporters.

I can't wait for the final. Would be fantastic to see England be the first nation to ever win back to back Rugby World Cups. I must say that rugby has supplanted american football as my second favorite sport. The enthusiasm and raw energy for the sport is second to none.

I've even started to watch Rugby League and throw a rugby ball around the park. Can't get enough of it.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm not particularly fast but they had me on the wing in the two and three spot(think thats what they call it).