Eli's Coming.. no he's HERE!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 3, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And he wont have a 3 dog night!
    YouTube

And not just some tiki-tacky win, either. A win worthy of Brady himself.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: Eli

That Fourth Quarter was one of the best periods of Superbowl football I've ever seen.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Eli

A Super Bowl worthy of the hype! Manning played well but the Giants defense was superb.

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Re: RE: Eli

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Perhaps one of the greatest Fourth quarters of all time, as well.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Agree too, but can we all agree that up until that point we were on pace for one of the worst superbowls of all time?

And I dont see the Giants winning as a Cinderella story as much as the Patriots displaying their mortality. It was like a Greek Tragedy, and as a Pats fan I gotta deal with the sobering conclusion.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I saw the Pats effort as a valiant one that just fell short -- they didn't lose, the Giants beat them. I though it was a great game, both defenses were dialed in to what they wanted to do.

One thing about the game I am not looking forward to is the Boston fans -- and the Sports Guy on ESPN, who I usually like -- blowing smoke about how anticlimactic the Pats season was. You NE fans sure do rehash defeats afor a long time.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The entire Tim and Bob Show partied tonight at the Giants half's house. My pard Steve is a big time fan, had on his new Plaxico jersey and he and Kathy had on Giants hats. HatterMom and I decided to bring some good mojo along, so she was in her Dempsey away shirt and I was in my Volzy home shirt. Got a picture of us that I'll turn into an avatar as soon as I can.

Anyhow, the mojo worked. The Giants won, we ate good food and drank good wine and, before the game started, we nailed down the 3rd and 4th parts to Poco's "Crazy Love" and the Eagles "Hotel California." Nice day.

About the game, well, I think all four of us "knew" that when Brady hit Moss the game was over. And yet ... I'm very happy for my friends; I'm very happy for Archie's boy Eli. But most of all, I'm happy BECAUSE WE BEAT FRIGGIN VILLA!!!!!!! COYW :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: