Electoral map

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, May 15, 2008.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

So I was playing out scenarios with one of those interactive electoral maps;

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/flatpa ... gemap.html

Check out this one!

[​IMG]

Obama wins every state Kerry won in addition to picking up Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico.(all decided by less than 2% in o4' and considered swing states again)

RESULT 269-269 tie

Congress than decides, tie goes to Obama. Thats how close it is, amazing.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

BuSh is an idiot!

Whoops, just kind of slipped out.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

if it HAD slipped out all those years ago, we'd all be better off today! :twisted:

Oh, and Spencer ... it is devilishly close -- 0-0 as near as I can figure. A bit early to be moving the election to the Congress, and besides, everyone knows that, in case of a tie or a results dispute, the Consitituion calls for the Supreme Court to rule in favor of the Republican.

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Re: RE: Electoral map

what's that make Kerry?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It makes Kerry the guy who DIDN'T

-- get us into an unnecessary war in Iraq
    -- make the budget surplus disappear by cutting taxes on the wealthy
    -- spend our great grandchildren into perpetual debt
    -- nominate an idiot for the Supreme Court and a fool for AG because they were buds of his
    -- veto expanded health care for children TWICE
    -- oh, I could go on, but what's the point?

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

The point would be that Bush has done nothing over the last 4 years that he didn't do his first 4 years. I still can't figure out how the Dems lost the last election, but I do chuckle every time I think about it. And Don, you pretty much make my point. IF, Bush, did all those things you list, then why couldn't Kerry win the election?

And I don't follow politics as closely as I should, but just seems like it shouldn't have been too damn hard to beat him.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll tell you why ... because in more than 200 years of American history, we've NEVER voted out a sitting president when the country is at war.

That's the basic reason behind the Iraq War ... to have troops in the field at election time. The NeoCons learned from Bush41. Had he marched into Baghdad and stayed there until his election v. Clinton, he'd have been re-elected too. It's also probably why, after the Battle of ToraBora had Al Qaeda seriously on the ropes and with their safe haven about to be eliminated, we stopped concentrating on Bin-laden [he's irrelevant, remember?] and instead concentrated on Iraq.

There was a significant # of people who had been convinced that criticizing the government was tantamount to supporting the terrorists, and it naturally followed that voting for a Democrat would have the same effect. The only amazing thing about 2004 was that Bush didn't win in a landslide.

8. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

so since Bush isn't facing re-election, why is this race as close as it is? Shouldn't the masses who believe everything media tells them be lining up to vote in any Democrat they can?

Who's Bin-laden?

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm sorry, the only person I've heard telling people to vote for a Democrat was Rush Limbaugh. And he's only a comedian.

Please identify the specific media personality or newspaper who's telling everyone to vote Democrat in this next election. Blogs don't count; we're talking the horrible "main stream media" here.

Also,

please tell me that was a joke. :shock:

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Of course that was a joke. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I didn't say mass media was saying to vote democrat, but all of the approval ratings that I've read would indicate that there shouldn't even be a race. http://www.gallup.com/poll/106426/Bush- ... ation.aspx

Don, I'm not tring to argue Bush vs. Non-Bush. I just can't stand the fact that we've reached a point where if anything is going wrong, we immediately blame George Bush. Of course we know from Kanye that Bush hates black people and therefore wouldn't send rescue to New Orleans.

But other than that, I just don't think we should be so quick to blame the president. this is my very unscientific, very uninformed, very humble opinion.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I didn't blame him, per se. Just pointed out a fact.

For reference, I was, just this morning, watching Our First Idiot compare Barak's ideas of diplomacy with talking to Hitler, as he pandered to Israelies and Jewish poeple at The Knesset.

Idiot, idiot, idiot.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The bizzare, and sad part, is that in W's world, and that of probably 51%of the nation by next November, the Hitler analogy is absolute truth.

Self-imposed political commentary ban reinstated...now.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

dtwon, reporting the results of the approval rating poll on a guy who is not running is not in the same universe as telling people which party to vote for. Nor is putting data that reflects negatively on the performance of the administration evidence of main-stream-media-hating-loyal-Americans.

Relax, dude. McCain's going to win.

14. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I never said that media is telling everyone to vote democrat.

I'm not so sure i want mcCain to win. that's the problem wtih this election. can we just start over?

15. Bradical

Bradical Member

McCain is not going to win... America wants out of the war, they will vote Democrat to get out.

And I say this with full knowledge that the very effective (manipulative) Republican machine will make the election about everything but the war, and nearly pull it out.

And that is the last of my political input. If McCain is voted in, to London I go.

16. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Bradical, careful buddy. Remember when Alec Baldwin said that and didn't leave. See what happened? he got a lead role in one of the funnies sitcoms on tv. you should learn from him.

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The democrats couldnt win because they are idiots who stand for nothing other than pandering to every other lazy, spoiled American who doesnt understand why sitting on his butt doesnt get him a mansion and a fast car. They get their votes by telling them that it's all someone else's fault that they dont have these things, that it's our country's fault. Then too many of these lazy spoiled rotten self absorbed idiots cant be bothered to go out and vote on election day because they care more about themselves than the amazing people who built this country and secured their rights.

Hey FFCinPCB used the idiot word first.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah; he called the president and idiot. You called the people who voted for someone other than the president idiots.

I got it; at least we're not terrorists any more.

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I called the people who didnt vote idiots.

Hey Hatter you put your shirt back on

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Once again, Spencer cuts to the heart of the topic and is right on target.