Election day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Nov 5, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I won't pitch any candidate on here. I just hope all get out and vote tomorrow, if you haven't already. Hopefully the lines won't be so bad for me, have to figure out the best time to go.:???:

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Milestone election for the household, as our just turned 18 year old gets to vote for the first time :dance: :cry: :character-oldtimer:

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Still disappointed we didnt get to see this democratic ticket
    [​IMG]

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

'Mo, for shame!!! That's brilliant, though.

I get to do the "I Voted" sticker tomorrow - every election I plan to do it in advance, but I never do. Will California matter in the presidential election? Answer: probably not, like always... I propose the presidential voting should start in the midwest/west a day before the east and south voting - it may draw more people to vote out here b/c the presidential election is mostly decided before anybody gets off work here.

5. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Going to vote for the first time ever, could have 2008 but decided against it. All I'm going to say is that none of the above is going to be the most popular answer. I might vote for Titus for congress though as I've heard she's a decent person from a person who worked for her campaign in 2008.

6. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Not thats funny, I don't care who you are.

I stole that and poted it on FB...Thanks

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I'd vote for them for the lulz. Though I think there should be a bipartisan ticket of Vitter and Weiner.

8. RDG

RDG Member

Weiner was my Congressman.

I thought him a good one -- before this STUPIDITY!!!!! DAMN! His wife is attractive, brilliant . . . so it just proves he is a dolt.

At least I have another Congressman now. Hopefully, he will not start sexting. Hopefully. Maybe.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don't about you guys, but there are huge lines at my polling place. Tried to do it this morning but there was no way I could do it with that wait. Standing in much smaller (but still longish) line now...usually I walk right up to the table to get my ballot.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As I pointed out on Jim's FB photo, it was durig the Clinton Administration when the two top GOPers in the House were Hyde and DeLay. You don't get a pre-made joke like this very often. This is right up there with Jonno's famous cricket commentary "The bowler's Holding; the batsman's Willey."

And HatterMom and I will be voting this morning. It's a gloriously beautiful day in The Peoples Republic of South Texas, and we can walk to our polling place without crossing any major intersections.

I'm still undecided, but I'm leaning towards Cox. Hmmmm, there's a theme here

[Speaking of which, the best bad political poem ever:
    "Cox or Harding? Harding or Cox?
    You tell us, populi. You've got the vox"]

11. Buckeyes_FFC

Buckeyes_FFC New Member

Waited until mid-morning to cast my vote in my area of NoVA. Heard there were long lines this morning, but when I went there was no wait :dance:

12. Clevelandmo

Cast my vote at lunchtime - no lines. Ever since moving to Cleveland, I've never had to wait in line to vote. Maybe it's because we have so many voting locations - you can offer that when you have lots of unemployed people that can be poll workers and lots of empty buildings with no business. :eek:

Yet again the ballot and voting procedure was different than the last time I voted. Really instills trust in the process when they feel the need to change it every election. Maybe that's good, I dont know. Perhaps it lets them stay one step ahead of voter fraud but I somehow doubt it. Anyway, my supposedly valuable Ohio vote has been cast, hopefully it will actually be counted.

13. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Voted with no lines in Vegas. My district is heavily democratic and it was before 9 so it's possible bad news for Obama. I randomly picked judges. That election is so stupid because who is going to look through multiple judge races? There is only one judge everybody hates and he was voted out last year.

14. sullytex

sullytex Member

Voted this morning. My polling place is less than 30 yards from my front door. There was already a line when I ambled over at 6:45 am.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Voted around 9. Although the place was full, there were still two machines available when HatterMom and I arrived. There's a tiny new mom & pop Mexican restaurant right next door to city hall, so we stopped there for a quick bite and some coffee. Absolutely gorgeous day today as well. I felt so good I even voted for a Republican.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Curious, does anyone have to show their ID? I just tell them my address, no photo ID required, always find it odd.

17. Clevelandmo

I have to show ID. Didnt use to but I do now. There are other forms of ID accepted, but not up on what they are.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We didn't need to show any ID. Of course we were Anglo so there wouldn't be.

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, good luck to us all. The Democratic Party has been proven right.

And now we are about to see the Transformation of America Obama promised.
    Stupidest morning-after outlook from the right:
    "Too close for him to say he has a Mandate."

Sayy.... WHAT!!!!! The 'mandate' is what the mainstream press and capitalist cronies agree it is.

20. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

No ID necessary here in Nevada, for most people. Which is good because I could see my name along with my family member's name as he was flipping through the book trying to find my registration. I would have felt weird giving my ID to somebody as I'm staring straight at my name and address. Some had their ID out though. I think you need to show it only if you didn't show it when you registered to vote. Other than that, you're good to go.