EJ the GAM

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 10, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Interesting article. I have very mixed feelings about EJ. I understand that he's performed quite well on the club level in the past couple of seasons, but his nonentity performances for the Nats in the last year and a half have been emblematic for me of our recent total absence of international-quality strikers.

I think the only reason I'm conflicted, instead of outright dismissing EJ, is that there are glimpses of potential that only make his lack of follow through all the more frustrating. I WANT him to be good. I'm frequently disappointed that he isn't, though I'm no longer surprised when he shows no ability to positively impact the game. It's been a pattern that he's been unable to break on the big stage for years.

How much longer do we give him to prove himself? I don't know the answer, but I do know that he has the ability to make me scream at my tv (and not in a good way), so as much as I am pulling for him to figure it out, and quick, I'm actually not holding my breath.

As I've been saying for years to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be sitting next to me, I'll stop yelling at him when he stops disappointing me. Heh. Don't read that as a general life statement, or anything. :)

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

well put, meggrs. i think your comments mirror how a great many of us feel about ol' ej.

on another note, somebody forward videos of drogba's game to ej so that he can learn how to properly flop. or, ej could hit the weight room and put on another 10lbs...

4. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Seriously! Getting a rep as a diver this early on in his Prem career is NOT doing him any favors.....