Eddie Johnson...Really???

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SoCalJoe, Nov 2, 2011.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

So after you have 100-something posts you're tagged...Eddie Johnson?? :shock: :lol: I'm now very motivated to post more of my mindless drivel to escape this distinction :cool:

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I was thinking the same thing Joe. The powers that be must be trying to motivate me to post more nonsense about immoral butt grab celebrations.

What do you suppose comes after the Eddie Johnson level and where in the world is he these days? :?:

3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I wish I could just reply enough to get to Eddie Johnson status

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Just think of all the Us players that have played for Fulham and that is pretty much what follows. So post more! ;)

5. SoCalJoe

Just keep the posts coming dtown!

Was initially going to guess Shefki Kuqi or David Elm, but since Heather gave us a clue my guess is...Eddie Lewis :?

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I will neither confirm nor deny that. :mrgreen:

7. tim

tim Active Member

Does that mean I have no chance of achieving Diomansy Kamara status?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Now THAT made me laugh out loud.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Let's just lay it out there: EJ was better for Fulham than Eddie Lewis. Ouch. Eddie Lewis never came close to scoring a game winning goal against West Ham in the Prem. :twisted:

I'm thinking a Marcus Hahnemann category pops up.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, it was a tough call. But Lewis has a bit more distinguished career overall. Also, I think EJ got a bit more grief as a Fulham player than Lewis did...like I said it was a tough call, so other outside factors were brought into consideration as to who rated higher. Plus, EJ is a head-case.

Anyone want to offer their ranking of all the Fulham USA players over the years? :

11. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I was enjoying life post Eddie Johnson. Why'd you have to resurrect him? :evil:

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

So no chance of ever achieving Lee Cook status (I think he is the player we used to joke around on here about whether he really existed or not.....or it could be someone else and my joke becomes even more horrible)?

13. Clevelandmo

The big question is who will represent the highest level McBride or Dempsey.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

You are correct - the infamous Lee Cook.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2414/250 ... af53_o.gif

Ormondroyd's, truly brilliant to this day, great escape season in review, part one (was there ever a part two???), pays homage to Sanchez's brilliant purchase of Lee Cook about 1/4 of the way down the strip.

What does it take for one to achieve "Roy Hodgson" status? I guess it doesn't really matter, because, surely, after it's completed said supporter will bail for a more glamorous club website.

COYW

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Eddie Lewis's biggest "crime" was that he was marketed as "The American Beckham." He never had a chance. He DID have TWO man of the match awards during his time here, which is more than EJ ever got anywhere

16. tim

tim Active Member

And if I left the site to never come back, I suppose my status would switch to "Sparky."

This topic is going to be fun.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

McBride. Dempsey is highly rated, no doubt. But captain McBride>Dempsey. ;)

18. Clevelandmo

I believe for the coveted "Roy Hodgson" status you need to go on a walkabout to the forums for teams from various leagues around the world and raise their level of posting. Then perhaps go head to head with a legend on a really really big has-been forum and get kicked to the curb.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg[/youtube]

19. SoCalJoe

I cannot tell a lie...I watched the whole thing :shock:

Are we counting our favorite Texan-Norwegian?? Not only born in Houston, but learned to walk there, and reportedly his first word was "y'all"

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

So far, no. I'm not sure he really identifies himself as an American. However, it can be changed if Mr. Hangeland considers the US as a home away from home. Does anybody know if this is the case?