Duke LaX players sue Nifong, Durham police

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 5, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

They ask for a bunch of money but ALSO independent monitoring of police department.

Duke University had previously settled privately for their lack of support and the publication of faculty recriminations {gang of 88} that tried and convicted the players in the early days.

A Professor Coleman evidently then defended the gang of 88 for only doing what seemed right and proper... i.e; 'They published their vicious racist and bigotted remarks because of their 'feelings''.

Brilliantly answered in this comment on the above article
    [​IMG]

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Duke Rot still Bondo'd

Years ago I did some part time work for a Property Mgmt company that had a lot of apartments

I pointed out that a wood joist on a second floor balcony was rotted thru and was told to fill the rotted spot with bondo as a govt inspector would be around shortly and would condemn the apt, otherwise.

I refused and fixed it properly, installing and tying in new wood.

but evidently the esteemed Duke University doesnt mind 'bondo-ing' the rot exposed by the LaCrosse Rape case..

It's unfortunate that such a highly rated university allows this to happen but what can you expect... academia is now so far removed from reality and elitist white intellectuals have so enabled 'blamers' that diversity approaches "through the looking glass" proportions.

It's nothing new and only further fuels my contempt for how the nation's universities are run. Minds, contrary to being 'opened' are closed by the establishment.
    To put a point on it, before some new responder accuses me of being racist:
    In my year in academia, the only instructor that seemed to give a crap about what I knew, or was learning, was black. Two of the others who influenced me most -negatively- were white over-educated.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

can't you move this to your "special section?"