Do we have some competition?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Clevelandmo, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

As an English football club with the most American connections?

[​IMG]

I guess the obvious answer is "yes" as many clubs have more American connections than us now that we have one lone American player and even the Nike and American Airline sponsorships have gone. I've always wondered if the club made a deliberate move rid itself of the Fulhamerica label or if this is the result of better fortunes or neither. Does history count. Did Fulham break new ground when it came to Americans on the side. Will it always be Fulhamerica because of that or are you glad those days over. I know it doesnt really matter but it's not a bad topic for discussion during this FA Cup lull.

http://www.thedenimkit.com/2012/02/...t-american-english-football-club-of-them-all/

Oh and a big congrats on a job well done is in order for Stevenage

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Stevenage is "suburban London?" Hmmmm, I guess that would make Austin "suburban San Antonio."

Also, I'd say that Bolton or Glasgow Rangers deserve to take that title away from us. We've only got Clint [and for how much longer] while Bolton have two yanks and Rangers have THREE.

3. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Lol that picture just reminded me of something I forgot about from my trip.

I saw almost the exact same thing when I visited Derby in October. I think it's some sort of traveling carnival thing that American themed. I forget what it's called though.

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member