{dis}Loyal Minority send a letter to Dubya

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 5, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Read link and commentary here!

What makes one weep... and or grind their remaining teeth:
    In PLAN and being done, though you wont read much on it in MSM
    In plan... but NOT to Okinawa, Benedict Murtha!
    In Plan and planning.. see resp to one
    But doesnt it seem funny, that the Dems want the US to amend the Iraqi Constitution?!!!!
    NO to the first... it's the international word-wonks, holding hearings and issuing resolutions that caused this in the first place. More UNARMED 'observers??!!!
    As to reconstruction, who is it gives free press to every terrorist who has a vid-cam and Al Jazeera's contact list?
    And they were redundant THEN!

And who was it blew Abu Graib all out of proportion?

Why is it Dems have voted to down-size our military over and over, yet their boogey-man is actually the guy who tried to make it WORK!

Maybe someone who really came close despite being continually cut off at the knees... better in the Dems eyes to have someone who makes pretty statements of intent, then winks, reinstitutes the draft and makes vague military maneuver threats, with the odd lobbed missile thrown in as leverage.

2. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

It's imperative to point out here that any conversation of torture by American citizens deserves to be "blown all out of proportion." The moral relativity (and yes, Liberals can use that against GOoPers, too - they love to tell us we're relativists) of "Is it torture?" is a conversation this country should never have had.

We voted to down-size it based on the guidance of one Richard Cheney, you know, before he ate babies and stuff. And don't tell me Rumsfeld tried to make it work. When you can't convince your own base to enlist and are stuck with a bunch of Chicken Hawks (War Good! Oh wait, you want me to volunteer? But I "support" the troops!) and not listening to YOUR OWN GENERALS, someone has to take accountability. I'm sure some mid-level assistant deputy secretary of something-or-other got fired.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: {dis}Loyal Minority send a letter to Dubya

and don't trash a combat marine so lightly, P-Fog. Disagreeing with the President is not against the law in this country.

4. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: {dis}Loyal Minority send a letter to Dubya

I dont do it lightly.. I'm a vet, too.

Using his cred, as a combat marine, saying to locate a quick reaction force for the middle east in Okinawa.. militarily credible or not?

Using his cred, saying that a pullout timetable is the answer, CREDIBLE militarily or NOT?

YES OR NO!!!

F#$$%$% him, he is NO LONGER a marine, he is a POLITICIAN!!

By the way... the 'Benedict' Murtha reference was no accident. He is actually OVERRATED as a 'traitor'... he, Arnold, merely switched sides, BACK to the Tories; yes, for the political advantage. We were NOT told the WHOLE story in school.

5. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Re: {dis}Loyal Minority send a letter to Dubya

Landshark, that is absolutely STUNNING! AT THE TIME, it looked more like some out-of-hand Frat party/ intitiation stunt than the malfeasance it turned out to be.

Now.. I DONT think Americans are per se all that much smarter than any other group... or white europeans necessarily 'morally' superior to anyone else.
    We are held to a higher standard, true... but NOTHING is ABSOLUTE, and all groups are made up of individuals.

The whole thing was a mess, from the CO on down.. but..
    They were reported, detained, tried.. and to OVERBLOW one bad actor, or two? Is it proper.. or just convenient, politically.

Would we be as outraged if only ONE US citizen had been kidnapped and beheaded on video, thus it being an isolated incident? I wouldnt.