Did man ever walk on the moon?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Mar 21, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A post from TFI that I thought would provoke good discussion here (petty?)

Not Fulham.............but hopefully worth reading !! -- Steve B, Wednesday, March 21, 08:23:43am

As many of you may have heard, there is a growing movement across the USA about the probability that man never actually walked on the moon. I have become fascinated with this story and followed it for about a year now.

By starting on google and typing in 'did man ever walk on the noon' you are introduced to many websites that will start to blow your mind. During February this year the story took on a whole new course.
    A major State Scientist in the USA was asked that if, starting today, the world was pool unlimited resources together without any financial restraints then when would he predict that man could walk on the moon . His answer was 10 years. He stated that technology never did, or could have existed, to take man there and back. On Monday last week the scientist was knocked down and killed in a road accident.......the 6 person in 8 months to come out and dispute the worlds 'greatest achievement'
    Once you read the websites about this theory and move through the various links you become both engrossed and sceptical about the whole issue.

In 2003 the Nasa photos and videos of the first moon landing were re-released to the world and digitally enhanced for our improved enjoyment. The originals have now been destroyed for ever. The new images show major 'changes' to the film and in every case the disputed points raised by the sceptics have 'magically' been changed.
    The very structure of American society is at risk here. Their whole status throughout the world would be tarnished beyond repair if it were proved to be a big HOAX.

As I said, read those websites and make your mind up......I promise it will take away any boredom you may be having whilst the lads are without a game !!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

- sigh -

Th e only contention is if that LEM could pack the power to get back off the moon.

Requires the silence of the entire astronaut core, forever..PLUS everyone involved.

The conspiracy argument itself proves the lie.

If it's so... why the hell cant we get people like that in the CIA?

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Right on Pettyfog. NASA and its contractors employed 400,000 people at the peak--that's a lot of people. Even if most we "kept in the dark", there's still a lot of people who would have had to know the truth. Look at Watergate, Iran-Contral, Whitewater, etc., how few people know about them (and supposedly bright people who knew enough to cover their tracks), but they all got out.

I looked at a couple fo the conspiracy web sites once, and then found sites that refuted every point they had made. The web is a wonderful tool for dispensing information, but that does not mean the information is valid (just look at any Chelsea web site).

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy/Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln!!!

To quote an old favorite terrace chant [to the tune of what the official does by himself in the dressing room] "What a load of rubbish!"

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Did man ever walk on the moon?

Make a note!

On this forum, every bit as rare as sighting the pileated woodpecker. :banana:

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Did man ever walk on the moon?

I'm gonna say i dont know. Just because points have been refuted doesnt mean it proves an idea false.

Personally, I see the fact that it employed 400,000 people, including my grandmother, as a few business owners and contractors making tons of money.

As far as the internet goes, I've heard that we could never get there which was found out previously because of the Van Allen belt (i think thats the right Van) that is radiation accummulation that will kill any thing that travels through it.

I dont really have an opinion especially because some of the posters here have see it on TV. Even tho it wasnt exactly high definition.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Now Petty ... every single time you've made sense on this site over the last year or so, I've enthusiastically agreed with you. I remember all four occasions quite clearly. :lol:

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

This has been an issue that continually crops up. A couple of years ago I had this argument with my eldest who is a conspiracy nut. We came up with one of the stongest pieces of evidence in favour that man landed on the moon is the placement of the laser reflector that can be used today, from Earth. This point is not covered by the hoaxer theorists.

9. youngned

youngned New Member

Any of you seen the movie Capricorn One?

10. jakers

jakers New Member

I heard it from the astronaut's mouth!

How interesting that I read the blog and then get to hear it from the astronaut's mouth that evening. I just attended a dinner celebrating the life of General Thomas P. Stafford in Oklahoma City. He is a founding father of the space program. He grew up in weatherford Oklahoma. He went up in the second U.S. space mission. He was the first astronaut to orbit around the moon. He was aboard the mission that landed on the moon. He claims that if he had been in a lighter spacecraft during his orbit, he would have been the first man to step on the moon. He has logged 507 hours in space. He was born in 1930. At the dinner, he spoke of his experiences in space and the missions in which he participated. It was a very convincing evening.

If landing on the moon is a conspiracy, that generation of astronauts are truly great actors. I am sticking with they actually landed on the MOON!!

Also, he holds the record for highest speed ever attained by man. --Upon reentry, his rocket traveled at 24,791 mph or DID IT?