Design changes ahead

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dcheather, Sep 5, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The site needs to be updated in terms of the CMS (software) package it runs on, and with that the site will get a bit of a facelift. That's the site part, not the forum. Is there any features you can think of that you want added and/or removed?

2. tim

tim Active Member

Just a thought - but with growing numbers on here (which is awesome by the way), maybe a strictly-voluntary user map to go along with the pub map? Nothing too specific but maybe just by metro area? To help facilitate match meetups?

Just throwing darts...

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

A member map is doable. Anybody else with some thoughts about what they would like to see added to the site (or removed)?

4. emiusaberbo

emiusaberbo Member

why don't we add profiles of the first team squad of each player

5. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Think you're doing a great job with the site, Heather. Over the years, the reins of the site have passed through a few people and re-designs, but I think everyone's done a good job to keep thinks running and the familiar faces coming back. I also like the idea of a member map, other than that, just the minor cosmetic changes you need to make to keep things running smoothly- things are great as is.

~ Steve

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Steve. I have been enjoying the past few months as all I had to do was post some Fulham news and transfer speculation (which I don't really enjoy, I'd rather tune in the day after and see who we got). And appreciate seeing some new faces and some returning faces post here.

But sadly everything has to be updated to stay ahead of people who enjoy exploiting sites that not up with the latest security updates. I'm trying to keep much of everything as is, but may have to chuck a few things. Forum and chat should remain very much intact as is. The other site newsfeeds may have to go, although I don't think many people are using that feature to begin with. Weblinks are a bit iffy right now since I can't seem to get them to work properly in the new site upgrade. Minor glitch I think, so should be able to keep it.

Not sure about the player profiles. The official Fulham site has that, and I don't want to just copy and paste info. Been thinking about doing a FUSA history page and Fulham American players page. I just don't know if I want or have the time to spend writing all the info up, so if there are any volunteers out there...please, help.

I don't mind working or playing around with web code and applications, it's the writing part that's a killer for me.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Maybe under the "next match" section on the home page you could add a link for the chatroom? Call it some thing like "Chat with us during the match" or somehting. That way anyone new who comes to our site is more aware of it

8. emiusaberbo

emiusaberbo Member

For the profiles, I meant in the forum to have a profile topic for each player.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That sounds fine to me. If anybody wants to start a thread on any player, be my guest.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I have set-up the new site on a sub-domain and everyone is welcome to give feedback on it so far. It's not fully complete, but fairly close to it.

http://joom.fulhamusa.com

Not sure about which route to take in regards to the chat room. You're welcome to check out something I think might be better for a chat room...it's html5, so it is available on portable devices, including the Ipad. It does not work in conjunction with the forum, so you would need to put your screen name in the guest sign in box (and the who's chatting on the index page would become obsolete). Also, it can be accessed by facebook and twitter accounts.

Let me know what you guys think about the chat and other stuff on the future version of the site. Thanks.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

WOW!!! Great work Heather. The only thing I would suggest is the font on the "Cottage Talk: Fulham vs. Southampton Recap" at the top and "Fulham USA: US Supporters club of Fulham FC" near the bottom. I could let the first one go, but I definitely feel the bottom font should be a bit more for lack of better work professional looking. Please don't take offense. Just my two cents.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Changed...I was playing around with the different fonts before I migrated the site for public consumption and forgot to switch it back to the original. Should look better now.

13. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Looks awesome Heather! As with the site before, just let me know if you need any help with images and graphics :handgestures-thumbupleft:

14. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Looking good Heather

Once again, thanks for all you do

15. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

love, Love, LOVE IT! You go, girl!