Dempsey Rights the Ship

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Clint Dempsey winning Player of the Month is one thing, and something he and Americans can be very proud of, but more importantly Dempsey is providing something that to many of us has been absent for nearly a year. Clint Dempsey is now the FulhAmerican (and only FulhAmerican) that can and now does provides the energy, excitement, enthusiasm, and that extra something to the Fulham Football Club that we love.

Nothing seems to capture that moment or that feeling better than the photo on our front page now. It has been not even a year since our beloved Captain America, Brian McBride, left one of the world's Premier football stages, but to many of us it feels like it has been much, much longer.

Welcome back, Captain America! And Welcome to the Big Stage, Clint Dempsey!

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Without a doubt he is giving the club a spark. I just hope it continues and he continues to see himself in a battle for time. It is obvious he shines when he feels he has something to prove.

3. Bradical

Bradical Member

A great honor, especially considering the month that the club had. Not sure if the club had any better months in the Prem (perhaps 03-04?), but its not as if Dempsey won this in a rotten month, such as January 2008...

4. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

I could be wrong....but I don't think I heard a ton of chatter from Demps when he was not playing. Then he gets a spot chance...makes the best of it and now is the POM. Many deserving players on the list for POM but a very nice story for Clint. I love these unbeaten months....keep up the great work boys!! :banana:

COYW!!