David Healy in hot water

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by krhimself, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Educational post.

From Wikipedia - most accurate info source evar.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

3. BC

BC New Member

Wow, I've been MIA here for a little while and I missed that! Probably a good thing as I might have done something rash...

Thanks to GBFC for the context of the Healy incident. I vaguely knew some of that (I remembered something about not wearing the color orange around Celtic supporters) but I didn't know the particulars.

I'm a big Metallica fan and I've been watching their fly on the wall videos over at missionmetallica.com. Anyway, I've noticed that they sure can be dicks sometimes, especially Lars. New album sounds like it's going to rock, though.

4. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I think Robbie Keane had a better answer than Healy to sectarian taunting. Tottenham were playing West Brom and Keane, who once played for Wolves, was an obvious target of the Baggie fans. A group of them were singing "No Surrender" at him. It didn't take Keane long to score, do his cartwheel bit, and then put his finger to his mouth.

I wouldn't have blamed him had he done more than that. But that was the best response and that is the course Healy should've taken to the sectarian baiting he was getting from that group of Celtic supporters.