Dave Matthews Band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, May 18, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Anyone a fan or casual listener of this band???

Any fave songs out there???

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I liked the early Dave Matthews stuff. Two-Step, Crash, The Best of What's Around, Lover Lay Down, etc.

I have not heard the new record yet. How is it? I liked one of their newer songs called Grey St.

3. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

I was introduced to Dave Matthews band not so long ago....it's now a firm favourite!

4. Jux

Jux New Member

I find myself listening to their live recordings more than the studio albums. To me, songs like Stay (Wasting Time) really shine in concert when the band is allow to show their musical "chops."

5. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

I used to have a g/f who was a die-hard (scary die-hard) of DMB so I avoided them at all costs for years... I think they're great musicians, but the last two CDs (including what I've heard of the new one) have been less-than-stellar... The early stuff had some really great songwriting to it and it comes out with the talent of the players... but I could never see myself going out and buying their stuff...

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I had sexual intercourse with the drummer, I'm not gay of course, but afterall... He IS a DRUMMER...

Two Step & Crash

7. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

a certain yank introduced me to Dave matthews band not so long ago...i really love the music...incidently, if anyone's flying on American Airlines in the future, there's a rather good article on them in the flight magazine :)

8. Jux

Jux New Member

Does the article mention Smokin's affair with the drummer? :D