Damon and the Yankees

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 21, 2005.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Why Damon? Why did a perfectly, nice, bearded CF have to go and throw it all away to join the boring Yankees? It's a shame about the beard and hair. Wish him lots of luck trying to throw that baseball back to the infield with that weak arm and all. Really, I do. :roll:

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I think its absurd that the Sox didn't match that offer...4 years at $13 a year? Furcal got that amount and he isn't half the player that Damon is.

Now all the MFY fans who have called Damon overrated the last 4 years think he's the best CF since Mays...and the Sox fans are the ones who "didn't need him anyway".

I've got no room to talk though....O's signed Jeff Conine and they think that's a great deal

3. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

im in shock, how can johhny boy join the evil empire.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

At the age 32, I think it's hard to justify that kind of money. If he was in his mid to late twenties, then definitely give him the money. But I think Damon was looking to join the Yankees for awhile, even during that 2004 Championship season.

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

No one hates this more than me... and I'm a Yankee fan...

No, its not cuz i used to say he was overrated... its not because of the money etc... its because of posts like the one above, this obviously is more of a move to continue to block boston from resigning him... he probably did want to join the yankees but did go on record in May saying that he could never be a yankee even tho they will "come at him hard".

I just wanted ONE person in the lineup that would bunt... and bubba crosby could do that.

The Yanks didnt need him... they could have found a decent fielder and thrown him out there... no one BUT the Yankees can win that division this year...

its sad... the only thing that made me happy was the signing of Octavio Dotel.

PREDICTION: Johnny regains his pretty boys status and becomes a half gay celebrity... get hurt and gets traded before the end of his 3rd contract year.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I hate him and don't want him on my team. Screw him and the Red Sox.

I'm not always this bitter.

7. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: Damon and the Yankees

I will repeat I only like this because it is a fatal blow to the Red Sux.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: RE: Re: Damon and the Yankees

Nah, the Red Sox will always have at least one ditzy outfielder playing, it's a team requirement.

9. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Damon and the Yankees

send them zat knight :)