Damn Right I'm Pissed Off

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 9, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The subject of today's rant is, not surprisingly, the obvious danger in letting the Left RUN ANYTHING.

We'll start off with a seemingly harmless blog by Jerry Pournelle, who was one of the first 'techie-bloggers' as a sideline to his SF writing career.

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/mail/2008/Q2/mail513.html#Tuesday
    He starts off his entry {scroll down} by advocating extra power cords and power bricks for computer bags, then segues into power availablilty..
    Who are these imbeciles and lackwits?

I'd guess they score high on the ACLU/ADA and low on the ACA scales.*

BTW: Government of South Africa endorsed Mugabe. What does that tell you?
    - - -- - - -

Now let's consider that what I warned about on the Ethanol idiocy has happened. Food prices have soared with the general acceptance that it's a good idea to make fuel from food. The profiting sigs deny it's because of that, and indeed it's not ALL because of that. But blaming China and India for it is stupid. Both STILL are net exporters of food grains {thanks to western hybridization technologies}.

And for those of you who agree on the 'fuel from food' but think it's still a good idea to use 'waste organics' like sawgrass... I submit there are NO 'waste' agricultural products. Just like there's no 'waste' from a sawmill.

It's just off the top of my head, but 'sawgrass' would be better put to use making fertilizer. The option of making fuel from it means that we use more fuel {natural gas} to make fertilizer to make food {or even fuel}.

*Barack Obama: 100% on the ADA/ACLU, 0% on the ACA.

- -- - - - - - -
    Then today, we hear that Jimmah Carter... the one most responsible for our current Iranian problem is going to 'negotiate' with Hamas to 'help bring peace'.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Really, Pettyfog? We should be longing for the "good old days" in South Africa? That's right up there with the country "being a lot better off" if good ol' Strom Thurmond had been elected president. Really?

Oh, and I missed several of your right turns so I'm not quite sure what the connection is between the South African government and Barack Obama.

Oh, wait a minute, silly me. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

3. pettyfog

Why dont you take a Effin' ritalin and FOCUS!

It's lamebrain leftism taking your view that excuses stupidity. I happen to believe that common sense knows no race. You seem to think that the poor 'negrah' needs excuses and protection from criticism.

"Soros'-think... you tell ME which is REALLY Racist!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What is it with you and this Soros guy? Is his name the current right-wing swear word?

Also, if you'd care to re-read my post, you'll see that I made no excuses for anything or anybody. And I said nothing about anyone being protected or needing to be protected.

I live in a world where there is a vast middle ground between oppressing a group of people and "making excuses for them." You evidently don't, and that's why the term "extremist" works better as a label for you than it does for me.

And, speaking of focus ... going from
    a. South African policies on precious and strategic metals
    TO
    b. Robert Mugabe
    TO
    c. Ethanol
    TO
    d. sawgrass
    TO
    e. Barack Obama's rating by the ADA
    TO
    f. Jimmy Carter and Iran

... all in the same post ... without hardly taking a breath ... . Somebody needs to calm down and focus here,

but it ain't me. :D

5. pettyfog

I was effing tralking about the LEFT and how they run things based on some 'PC theory'.. not race! Stupidity nor genius knows no skin color. Unless you are a certain kind of Lib and see ulterior failings in certain heroes... like I saw in February when I was researching Booker T Washington for BHM.

It turned me off so much that I just said the hell with it.

You just keep on apologizing for your side's failings. I'll look at my side's failings with MY OPINION on where they are failing. Why I disdained Huckabee, why I was against the amnesty bill... McCain gets THAT one right. NOW.

As to George Soros... you just keep on thinking he has little to do with the current campaign. When in FACT he was the one who set off the original Obama fundraisers . When in fact he dictates large amounts of the center left Democratic policy. just you refusing to READ the resulting drivel doesnt mean it isnt happening.

You tell me why the best ever minority candidate, as far as speaking and projection of values, has to sneak in and out of San Francisco to go visit the guilty white ultra rich.

But the FOCUS is on the Left. Same as ignores and demonizes God's own biomass fuels by making up science in order to bring us all down to dependency on THEIR largess.

The rant was on the stupidity of the Left... Jimmah the Cretin was only used as an example.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

okay ... that works.

Now I'll just spend the next half hour looking at my post to find what you're referencing when you say "You just keep on apologizing for your side's failings." Hopefully, if I can find this series of apologies, I'll have some clue as to what "my side" is, and what other nefarious acts "my side" and -- by extension I am involved in.

I mean, I just found out this morning from Malkin that there's a liberal plot afoot to give the western United States back to Mexico. It must be the truth also, because a Swedish vodka company is evidently a key player, and we all know just how dangerously left-wing anti-American vodka is for goodness sake.

You guys must keep big charts in your war rooms to keep track of everything that you need to be riled up about. Oh well, I guess it's less expensive than building model trains.

sigh

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You two should be married.

8. pettyfog

Mike thinks we are... sorta.

don... you oughta keep up. The Absolut thing was a hoot. And it's over a week old. I was gonna post the parody of it.. rather of their excuse for doing it, which was a picture of Western Europe with a swastika.

The rest of you in the dark? too bad. I cant post ALL the insanities here.

Go to google blog search and search "absolut la raza"

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We can't be. He lives in Ohio! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

If even 10% of the stuff written on the web was true, we'd all either be dead or speaking Chinese.

There IS a lot of good and useful information out there, but filtering out the half-truths, inuendo, gossip, and outright BS from the facts requires a PHD and atristry of epic proportions.

The funny thing is that, often, both Fog and Don are "right." Not necessarily with the facts per se, but, what it boils down to in our society is that Perception = Reality. As the two of them have vastly different perceptions and persepectives, their "realities" are quite different.

The only way to resolve such situations is to break down a situtuation into a scenario at a basic enough level that both have the same baseline, the same frame of reference, ... the same perception. From there, you can build upon it and eventually get to a common understanding (not necessarily agreement) of the core issues.

Without it, however, it IS very much like a married couple on a Sitcom :lol:

11. pettyfog

Well, Andy... you cant make a statement like that without 'proof'.

Are you volunteering for the role of Truth-O-meter?

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Fog. I have long since recognized that I don't have the PHD and epic artistry. :D

I have, however, been around the block long enough to to anecdotaly verify the mesage of my first statement; whether a particular blog post, website, or article fits within the 90% or the 10%, however, is beyond my capabilities. :D

If you want to post 10 articles, I can pick on at random, though :wink:

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and that's why I only post news articles here; political blogs are written to support a point of view that matches the pov of the sponsor or intended audience. They exist for propaganda; they can't serve as a repository for facts. The other function that they have is to relieve the reader of any need for critical thinking. All the interpretation -- skewed always -- is done for the reader ahead of time and all the nuance and texture is removed -- BE HUH CUZ HUH WE HUH TOO HUH DUM TA UHUH THINK FER US HUH OWN SEFS.

All it took was a couple of quick glimpses at Huffington Post, Malkin, and that ilk to convince me that I had to be the one reading the news and doing my own analysis. That's also why I don't cite a lot of "experts" or blogs to reinforce my opinions. They're mine. I developed them myself. If other people agree or disagree with them, that's fine with me.

About the marriage thing, if I tormented my missus 1/100,000 as much as I torment pettyfog, I'd have never made 5 years of marriage, never mind 31 years.