Crap guitarists

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 4, 2006.

1. BC

BC New Member

Metallica is probably what I play the most when jamming alone. I also like classic rock (Zeppelin, Who, Sabbath, etc), Rage Against the Machine, Oasis and others. I too like to be my own band playing all the instruments. I used to do a lot of recording on my computer but it's been a while since I've written anything.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nah, I would have one hard time playing an upright bass. :lol: I just have a basic Fender P-bass.

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Brilliant! A P-bass! That's one the top three basses ever made (depending what series/where it's made of course) IMO. In order now:

1. Fender P-bass (mmm, Precision Bass for those that like full names)
    2. Fender J-bass (a.k.a Jazz Bass)
    3. Rickenbacker 4001/4003

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

HatterDon! HatterDon! (And anyone else interested I guess...)

I finally fought off my laziness and uploaded a few tracks from my old band (since I can't record at the moment). The tracks were recorded in 1997. I'm playing one of the guitars and yes, that's me on vocals. While the music isn't really comparable (acoustic vs pop-punk/rock), the Tim and Bob Show are much better when it comes to vocals and harmonies!

Also, I couldn't fight it any longer and ended up starting a MySpace page as well.

Anyways, check out http://www.myspace.com/majafa or http://www.purevolume.com/majafa if you like. Both basically have the same content. Hooray!

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I vowed that Youtube was the closest I'd get to myspace.... I think Dubya's MIB look at IP and trace them to profiles and when they see a geezer.. they might haul me off to onna those secret detention camps guarded by nationalized guardsmen MP's back from Abu Ghraib...
    {I read Ted Rall and I'm scared shitless}

well, anyway I listened to cuts of your stuff on PV and it sounds good to me.. thought bottlerockets was the most unique... all ALT/Punk sounds the same to me.

But whata I know.. I stopped Music Appreciation twenty years ago.