Could Bob Bradley be the next Fulham Manager?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Nov 12, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... you-think/

Kinda on the fence on this. I think Bob is a good manager, but taking over Fulham would be almost mission impossible at the moment. I don't want him walking into an not so ideal situation, where the team is likely to fail regardless. And I would hate to root against Egypt making a mini-miracle comeback against Ghana too. But you have to admit it would get stateside interest in Fulham going again. Perhaps he could convince his son to come along too? :eek: Unlikely, but Michael is would go a long way in sparking whats left in this Fulham side. Let us :pray:

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I have to agree with the author in that I think it will be another American before Bob. There is only one reason I see for getting an American manager - he would likely be the cheapest option. It would be a bad move on Khan's part.

3. tim

tim Active Member

Agreed. While he'd certainly bring some much-needed discipline and organization, he'd be walking into a very difficult situation. Can you even imagine Bob trying to manage someone like Berbatov?

Perhaps a full-on Bradley re-make of Fulham would be a good thing, but sadly, such a thing would have to happen in the Championship.

Not to mention the flack both he and Khan would get upon the hire for the simple reason that he's American.

But I'm with Heather, if his son comes along, then I'm all for it. He'd be the best player in our squad overnight.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, there would be that inevitable grumbling about Yanks taking over. But I find Fulham fans to be more reasonable than other groups of English football (soccer) supporters. And this wouldn't be the first time he's been rumored for the Fulham job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nager.html

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The author was saying there would most likely be an American manager before Friedel...and that would be Bob. I am kinda seeing it, not sure it will be Bob at Fulham but maybe in the lower divisions first. I do think he actually would be a good fit for Fulham if he was given a free pass and was allowed to stay on regardless if the team stayed up or not.

And I wouldn't worry about how he would handle Berba. He will be gone in January. I have no evidence of this but I think his experience in Egypt has made a better player's coach...mostly going off the movies that have been shown, where he says something to that effect (or that he's more open?) Wish I remembered exactly what video that was.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about this possibility. The Bradleys are class people, no question. I'm not sure Bob can succeed in this scenario. And I think it's best for both father and son if they stay apart. Both seem to to do better without all the baggage that comes with that uncomfortable pairing. Both are helping themselves immensely with their current success, and I think it would behoove both of them to choose wisely, especially dad, their next move. He's obviously going to be making one barring a miracle, and Michael is sitting pretty with his and Roma's recent good form going hand in hand. I'd prefer to see him stay put if BB does end up on the home touchline at Craven Cottage.