Costa Rica v USMNT

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I really wanted him back then too. It was some stuff Wynalda said that made me very suspicious of him, along with Bayern, and Phil Lahm. Cant criticize him much lately. Perhaps there was a method to his madness

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hey we're in the chat.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And now we get the very best of Ruiz. Sigh.

And no; that couldn't have been me that wanted Klinsmann. Of course, what happened since that post was (a) Bob Bradley was wonderfully successful and (b) Klinsmann did a half ass job with Bayern and with "player development" back in the states.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

What the he** happened to Bradley in warmups?

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

An odd game where Costa Rica got the deserved three points. They looked like the far better team for most of the first half until the US was able to calm down (really missed Bradley in the middle). Then got the PK (Dempsey is still not very good at them even though it went in) and the game was there to tie it up (Dempsey's shot off the post) early in the second half, but CR finished the job.

And some silly yellow cards (looking at you Jozy) to end the game.

So we will be without Cameron, Jozy, Besler and potentially Bradley for Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kljestan or Goodson get called in for depth.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Wound up watching the whole sorry affair at the pub since it never looked like we were going to take anything but a loss (for the most part).

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The drinks came early then.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Meh.....
    The bright side MIGHT have been that Mexico comes into Columbus with a false sense of superiority. Except their own record this run has been far from stellar.

So, I see that game as a tossup. Certainly do not see a 'Dos a Cero' ... unless it's by Mexico.

Though I dont think that will happen, either. I see a draw end of regular time.

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Early and often.

Losing to Bryan Ruiz really irks me. He doesn't win enough for the team I do support, so seeing him play better than he does for Fulham and get results is annoying. Of course if Fulham had as much movement on offense as Costa Rica, it would probably be a different story.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He was a classic #10 and ran the entire offense -- something he'll never be allowed to do at Fulham.

I was amazed at how they broke free with perfect timing again and again. Their runs were inch perfect and never looked like offsides, yet they were always 3 yards clear when they got the ball. That, my friends, is brilliant football.

Oh, and I've found an announcer who irritates me more than Ian Darke: Phil Schoen, take a bow -- and then a boat to Bermuda.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

As sacffc put it in the chat room the team came out catatonic. It did have to come as a shock that Bradley got hurt..in freaking warmups :angry-banghead: . Clint was lucky that terrible pk went in, but unlucky on his best move of the night saw his shot hit the post. Jozy has come a long way maturity wise, but to lose your cool with the game over and now out for Tues. is inexcusable.

El Tri didn't hesitate in firing Chepo after their disastrous loss to Honduras at home last night (3 draws and 1 loss at Azteca???)

12. RDG

RDG Member

I am just glad I never got to see this match.

On to Mexico, and let's win it there!