Cookie On The Crowd

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BC, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BC

BC New Member

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That's fine, but fans can boo scrappy football as well as beautiful football. I think te fans got their point across quite well. But Cookie's quick defense of his team is a good sign in my eyes.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The crowd were entitled to boo after the first half lack of amition and effort. Cookie should defend his players, it's his job. I don't thing the crowd were booing the performance, so much as the lack of effort. Typically Fulham fans only boo when they feel sections of the team are not giving it their all.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

There were a lot of fans that were booing in the Hammy End as well, but I, nor Katy, were one of them. The team were in complete disarray in the first half but I wasn't surprised. The team were with out three very influential midfielders (Bullard, Brown Bouba) and then you throw in adding Boa who isn't match fit, Boca playing out of position and you have a hodgepodge of a midfield.

The first half, the defense was skipping the midfield and chipping it up to McBride who was all on his own. We had little possession since Brian was making headers but not having any support. It was like one of those games in highschool where you just HOOOOOF it out and hope for the best.

Second half was much better and everyone was in sync. We shut down Evertons attack and with a little luck at the end (PHEW!!) we took all three points.

This coin incident has really pissed me off and many of the Evertonians were real thugs. I saw a bunch of Everton fans trying to chase and kick a dog in bishops park, a couple of others attempting to start fights just outside the ground (before the police horses took charge) and then grown men yelling obscenity's at Fulham kids.

What made it a great end to the day was seeing all of their away supporters go home with absolutely nothing. CLASSIC.

COYW's

5. BC

BC New Member

You know, when I was deciding which Premiership team to support, I considered Everton. With fans like that, I'm very glad I didn't end up supporting them!

Sure makes the win that much sweeter.