Cookie in DC last weekend

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Oct 10, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just spotted this onTFI.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dempsey in the Cottage? To quote Mars Blackman in "She's Gotta Have It," "Please baby, please baby, baby, baby, please!"

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

That would be great if Dempsey was in Fulham colors in january.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Cookie was in town and he didn't even say, "hi." :3d crying:

It's tough to say how well Dempsey will do in the Premiership. I assume Fulham will be looking at him to play RM?

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Dempsey at the cottage would be super! Adu could be a good signing as well. Both would need a crash course in prem speed/pace though.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Cookie in DC last weekend

1. Adu? Thinking value for money.. dont think so.

2. "Both would need a crash course in prem speed/pace though"

- What a LOAD! not that the Prem isnt 'quicker, but that there is THAT much difference.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: RE: Cookie in DC last weekend

Everybody who comes to England to play says the same thing -- that the hardest thing to get used to is the pace. They say this whether they arrive from the MLS, from Serie A, or from the Bundesliga.

I agree about no Adu at the Cottage. He's going to fetch big money, especially if he has a good Under-21 World Cup. And that kind of money requires regular infusions of Euro-cash. And that aint us.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Cookie in DC last weekend

Petty = MSL Sympathizer

For all his rantings about other people or parties not using common sense and not owning up to the realities of situations, he appears to have his head in the sand on his beloved MSL.

Get with program Fog! If you move from MSL to EPL, it should rightfully be referred to as "graduating".

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well I've said before I think Dempsey will d superb in the EPL and I'd love to have him at Fulham! Adu, that would be interesting, not really sure how he'd do. Is there an others he could possibly be looking at? Boswell, Parkhurst, wouldn't be Jospeh as he's injuried??

10. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Cookie in DC last weekend

There's that Middle School League again and there's YOU putting words in my mouth, AGAIN!!!

It IS Graduating... point out where i said it wasnt!!!!

PLUS.. fewer than 10 % of MLS players will ever be suitable!!!!

How is that different from OTHER first Div Leagues!!!?

PLUS it isnt speed and pace MLS players have problems with, it's native ball skills like first touch and accurate passing.

My view IS common sense.. yours is elitism.. so there!

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Cookie in DC last weekend

Play nice. :tongue:

Anyway, Coleman could have been looking at any number of players at DC v. NE game. Anywhere from Twellman to Esky, Adu to Dempsey, and Parkhurst to Boswell. There's a couple of players on both teams that I think could lend a hand to Fulham's cause (especially with the injury situation). Would they be superstars? I doubt it, but they would/could be very useful.

But if Dempsey or Adu wants to be in central midfield in the Premierhsip, they'll have to put on a little more muscle (Adu just 1 or 2 inches more in height would be good). Both I recall have been working on the muscle bit, but they'll need a bit more.

12. rumstove

rumstove New Member

DCHeather...I can't believe you missed Cookie in your own town!! :)

Anyways, I agree with DCHeather that Coleman could have been looking at any number of players at the game. For example, Simon Elliott. I'm not saying he's a bad player in any way, but of all the MLS players in the league he's not one that would have been on the top of my transfer wishlist of MLS players. Dempsey and Adu are the obvious options on who he came to watch, but who knows. Maybe he was just on holiday. :D

13. pettyfog

Heh...if Elliot is anything he's consistent in his performances. He always does his best. So against a mediocre or out of shape midfield .. like Fulhams in the Crew practice game.. he obviously stood out.
    And dont forget it was the right place and right time for Elliot; Fulham needed an experienced mid quickly and Sigi had just been named for the Crew and Elliot didnt want to play for him again.

But this is different, as you say..
    I suspect he came in to look at one or two specific players, but he would go back with notes on several more.

14. BC

BC New Member

Agreed with above, Adu is going to hit a big time club; I read somewhere that he's looking at Chelsea, MUFC and Real Madrid. If by some strange happenings he ends up at Fulham, it will likely be a temporary stop on his way to a bigger club.

Dempsey, on the other hand, would be great to have at Fulham. He's passionate, skilled and hard working. Can you imagine if we land Dempsey AND Gooch? (likely a pipe dream, i know). We won't know who to sponsor next year!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I got $25 for each of them if we get smart and lucky at the same time and sign them, [he said, confident that HatterMom doesn't read these posts]!

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Sorry...but Adu is not coming to Fulham. For a guy with his aspirations...not happening. I could see Dempsey however...and the guy I'd really like would be Joseph as a holding mid....he's a quality player.

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I was just about to post this.

I'm still upset about Cookie not saying hello. :cry:

Oh well, I wonder if Dempsey would be interested in playing with BMB and Boca. London is an attractive location to play in. Another creative midfielder couldn't hurt.