Congratulations, lads!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 1, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just saw on Sky Sports News that Liam Rosenior and Wayne Routledge are on the first England U21 squad to be managed by Psycho.

Considering the progress each of these guys has made, that's a deserved honor!

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

It is nice to see that sort of recognition, especially for Liam, given that Psycho is a proper England defending hero!

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Its good for the players but not so good for the club if Liam does well and gets intrest from other clubs.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Part of the problem in attracting players to a club like Fulham is the lack of recognistion on the international scene. Saha went from us to United and was in the next french squad! I wouldn't be surprised if Malbranque is in the French squad either next time round. Beside, playng for England hardly had to world beating down the door for Zat Knight!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think that Fulham have nothing but good to gain from their players getting international recognition. If Liam becomes a fixture at U23 and gets a decent shot at the big side [remember, he's behind Neville], if he does go it'll be for more money.

You have to figure that whenever Fulham land a Saha or a Van der Saar, we're going to lose them to a big money squad. That's how it works.

I hope both the guys start and have a blinder!