Confederations Cup! Are you excited? me too

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 7, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Conferations Cup - Germany 2005

But not for reasons you might think; Mexico has two strikes going against them already.. no games in Azteca and they are up against Greece who feels 'at home'... and Brazil, who is too good, if they actually care about this.

So their only hope is against Japan.

Normally I might root for Mexico, as they are perennial Concacaf champs... but they are homers... they really dont perform well outside of Mexico or Southern California (Mejico del Norte).

So rather than being disappointed by them trying and failing to get out of their group by a miserable point or so... I am hoping for them to flame out, big-time.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am looking forward to this competition as it will be a nice thing to pass the time before the Premiership starts in August. Oddly enough, this particular set of teams features some of my least favorite in all of International Football. I cannot stand Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Greece. That being said, I am gonna cheer for Australia, Japan and Tunisia. Anyone want to give me 100-1 odds on one of those teams winning it all?

3. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Oddly enough, this particular set of teams features some of my least favorite in all of International Football. I cannot stand Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Greece. [/quote]

I pretty much agree with your list Tom except for Brazil. Whether you root for or against them they are certainly entertaining.