Computer Simulation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFC24, Aug 8, 2010.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

So i was watching Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole and the episode was about if there is a creator or not. I caught the last 30 minutes of it and somebody talked about the possibility that we're just a computer simulation. Somehow, future humans decided it'd be awesome to create a full scale society for research or whatever. Obviously, this is disturbing as we could see a giant screen saying "simulation over" at some point, but, bad jokes aside, it would also suck to know that we're just toys for advanced societies.

Anyways, what does everybody know about this theory? One report I read, said that there is a mathematical certainty that this theory is true. Some say, 20%. Any knowledge on this subject is appreciated.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

You're still young.

My dad was obsessed on that in his last years. He asked me often: "What do you think about UFO's?" I said the jury was out,
    "I actually think there is something to it."

Then I asked him: 'What difference does it make?"

Same here... except from all predictions including Revelations and Daniel;
    "Simulation Over" wont come fast enough.

When you were younger did you wonder if everyone and everything else was just a figment of your imagination?

Here's the one thing I dont believe:

The ability of mankind to make a perfect -or even better- society through philosophy alone.
    Notice it aint working!? Never does.
    :)