Commander in Chief type speech..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 31, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Last few Petty posts have alluded to:

France, Islam, Jihad, Keith Olbermann, and some woman's web site. All good solid, philosophical reasons to vote Republican.

By the bye, on election day I'll be up in Jihad country conspiring with LandShark and Spencer on how to overthrow the government and planning how to force people to host gay marriages in their front yards festooned with Hizbollah flags. So I voted yesterday.

Hope the rest of y'all FulhAmericans get out and vote as well!

Hey! Who messed with my avatar! Petty, you're a riot! :banana:

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh.. Don. Better make sure they dont cancel on you;

Like they just did Kerry..

And the reference was, of course, to Keith Ellison, whose memory of when he was actually a muslim activist seems to be a little unclear.... but there's a pattern there, isnt there.
    Cambodia, preaching jihad... who knows!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will definitely be voting on Tuesday Don. You can take that to the bank. I will be glued to the TV that night as well awaiting the returns and results of the elections around the country!! Go DONKEYS!!

4. pettyfog

Ah, I might... might not bother.

What's the point... the Dems have it in the bag!

You guys have fun... meanwhile I'm gonna do a tribute to Pelosi's sockpuppet, Alcee Hastings, he's just PERFECT for a Committee chairmanship!

{added: "Have it in the bag" ha!... I'm even punnier than I thought.. didnt intend it, honest!}

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I have no love what so ever for blair. I think he is in part a lap dog to the US. We should not be in Iraq. It has nothing to do with morals or anything else. The UK army is a small professional outfit that is overstreached. It there was an attack on the UK we would not be able to defend ourselves. We are sending reservists (weekend soldiers!!!) to fight to keep the minimum required number of serving personel in the UK.

However, George can barely manage a sentance without looking like a fool. In such an image concious age is it any wonder he is not taken seriously. Politicians are measured against great ortators.

It still goes back to my original question

I asked the question because I accept that what I see about him is what is applicable to me. His administration looks corrupt. He is also making mistakes in Iraq that the UK made in 1912! What is he doing back home that keeps people happy, how will the administration be remembered?

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Yes well we up here in jihad land as petty thinks of it will send the first muslim to congress. He's not in my district though so I haven't really been following the race.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well the economy has recovered nicely. I give him that. Other than that he can't claim much. He was elected on his far right social stances. He has appointed two supreme court judges who agree with him on those issues. His education reform has little to no fans. So here on domestic issues his reviews are mixed.

As for the second term the republicans are brilliant at getting elected. They no when and how to push the buttons of middle America. They use social wedge issues such as gay marriage, abortion, stemcells to the full extent. And no Kerry wasn't the strongest of candidates.

Really most of America pays little attention and will buy what you feed them. They are easily persuaded by deceptive tv ads and rhetoric and Carl Rove is very good at that. Bush owes his second term to him.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The country is divided in two. Half the country loves Bush and half the country hates Bush. Unfortunately two years ago, Bush won enough electoral votes to remain in office for another four years. I would say Bush won this election because of his strong southern base in the US. The Democrats have not been able to put a dent in the southern base of stronghold Republicans and Bush was able to win all of those states.

Additionally, as much as I hate to admit it, Bush and his Republican friends have done a good job appealing to their base and doing things for the better of the Republican party. Bush and his fellow Repubs have used scare tactics to the voters to make it seem as though the Democrats will NOT be tough on terrorism, etc which is not true in my opinion.

In the 2004 election, instead of the election focusing on issues like Iraq and the economy, Bush and his buddy Karl Rove put a Gay Marriage ban on the ballot in thirteen states. This drives up the Republican turnout as most all Repubs are opposed to any kind of gay marriage or civil union. It was a sneaky thing to include this on the ballot at the same time as the presidential race. It worked then and it will work again if it is done again.

Also, the democrats have not done a good job since 2004 in coming up with a plan for how to deal with Iraq and other problems that face the US govt. Many candidates have some ideas, but are more or less running on the country needing change. I think the Democratic party needs to reassess things after next Tuesday because if things do not go as well as once thought, the Dems are in some real trouble. I do not know what people see in Bush and the Republicans, but many seem to like the party and its beliefs.

Regardless, it is tough to say how Bush will be remembered. I will think he is a moron and I will remember him as the President who drove a wedge into my country dividing it into two halves. His methods and philosophies in Iraq and other parts of the world are questionable to say the least. As you can tell, I am not a big fan, but then again, I am in the minority as I voted for John Kerry. If you ask a democrat how Bush will be remembered you will get one answer. If you ask a republican, you will get a completely different answer.

9. pettyfog

Ah, well..."Perception is 90% of reality"

Unless you prefer not to look at reality, at all, then it's 100%. I could sit over a beer and refute each and every one of those talking points... starting with "Bush is a conservative - not"
    Going IMMEDIATELY to who divided who, and when..
    But what's the use.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Note to Petty: Not all Muslims are terrorist Jihadists, any more than all Christians are members of the KKK or Christian Idendity. To imply that they are is base bigotry.

Second note to Petty: Quit hijacking my avatar! :D And it's only partially correct, it should read "younger, better looking Muppet."

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Power corrupts, and in the case of your avatar, Petty's absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No Petty, not me next!

quit that.... I'll get you when I'm good'n'ready!
    - pf

12. pettyfog

Who said they {Muslims} were.... but I'm waiting for even more high profile Muslims to speak out.. with some degree of credibility, that is.

I'm the only Conservative on here.... {there MUST be one or two in the closet, will they come out without wearing 'a panty on thar haid?'} so I get to play and make fun of you guys. As long as I do it to myself, too..you got NO complaints!

So there!

13. GaryBarnettFanClub

This is shameless. The UK political system is not great, but we have not had a refurendum in my lifetime, so no ballot is voted on at the same time that would induce turnout for a particular candidate. US politics scares me.

Am I right in thinking tha the supreme courth is made up of 7 judges who are placed by policial appointment?

14. GaryBarnettFanClub

Can you define what you mean by conservative? Is a US conservative different to a UK Tory?

15. pettyfog

apparently, NOW they are different... given some of the drivel I've seen coming from the Tory camp.
    Here it's not a party it's a line of reasoning ranging from Draconian Free Market but Isolationist to pure Libertarian... where government keeps hands off everything except assuring basic liberties.

16. GaryBarnettFanClub

Ok, how would the US republican stack up against a Thacherite?

UK politics is the weakest and most pitiful it has been in my lifetime, so when I think of Tories I am thinking more of people like Thatcher, Churchill, Anthony Eden and Harold Macmillan.

I consider traditional conservative policy to minimise intervention, and encourage econimic growth, often at the expenses of social policity such as the welfare state, health and education. It encorages work from all aspects of society and puts empasis on material gains. It is uncaring to those that will not help themselves.

17. pettyfog

Update:

Remember how I said he mishandled it?
    From the not-so-famous 'Oreo Cookie', Lashawn Barber:

In Defense of Kerry
    No.. ummm.. yes.. she doesnt like the man.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

omnipitent or omniscient? or both?

Scary!

19. pettyfog

[​IMG]

- H/T Michelle Malkin

20. pettyfog

GaryBFC... you question post on Thatcherism is so loaded, it should be asked on a stand alone thread.