College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Sep 11, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

I'm still amazed that the suspensions that were handed out only last for a single game. Considering that Miami's opponents this week are the "mighty" Duke University, it wasn't like the Canes' star players were going to see much time on the field, anyway. It's ridiculous how lightly the players from both sides got off; some of their actions could have warranted a ban for the rest of the season.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

FSU 24 - 27 Maryland

Another last-second loss for the Seminoles. We were the better team in the second half, but once again, the first half was a big problem.

We did well to come back to within a field goal, but we simply made too many mistakes. Xavier Lee kept us in there the whole game, but not even he was immune to making a big mistake (intentional grounding toward the end of the game, a play that basically ended our chances of tying the game). It'll be interesting to see if Coach Bobby decides to stick with Lee for the next game after his performance. I'm sure fans would support that decision, at least until he starts out his first drive by going three-and-out and beg for Weatherford to come into the game.

And speaking of these "fans"... the program would would be better off if a section of them stopped following the team altogether. That includes the boosters who had the nerve to tell Bobby to retire, not to mention about half of the student section at any given home game. Especially the student section -- it's amazing how quickly they've turned on their own team, especially during this season.

Every time Weatherford throws an incomplete pass, he's greeted with a bunch of complaints, a chorus of boos, and even a few shouts for him to be replaced with Lee. Did these idiots suddenly forget that Weatherford led them to the ACC title (as a freshman, no less) last season? Sure, he's got a few flaws in his game. Sure, he's liable to making mistakes. But at the end of the day, he's proven that he can win games at this level. It's like they don't expect anything less than perfection out of him, as well as the entire team.

Same goes for the people who are trying to push Bowden (and his son Jeff) out of the program. They need to do the TRUE fans of the team a favor and stop pretending to have the best interests of our program. He's won two championships and twelve conference titles, not to mention MORE DIVISION I-A GAMES THAN ANY COACH IN HISTORY -- you would think that he's earned the right to stay here as long as he wants, just as Joe Paterno has at Penn State.

I hate to be so critical of our own fans, but I just can't stand the whole "win games or expect hatred" mentality that some of these people have. They want to throw a hissy fit because they can't accept the fact that they can't contend for a national championship every year, and I'm not having it. If all they want to do is surround the program with negative vibe, then honestly, they need to get the hell out and start cheering for the Hurricanes.

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

It finally happened: USC 31-Oregon State 33. Hooray!

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

F@$%ing gay-turds!!

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Its going to be intersting to see who the BCS will select as the second team to play in the National Championship. It will be the winner of OSU vs Mich as the #1 team, but the story will be is it a unbeaten Big East team(WV or Louisville) or the loser of OSU-Mich. A couple other team that could sneak in is Florida if hy win the SEC title game or if ND beats USC.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It's been a great college football season for me. Not only is my beloved Michigan playing well and in contention for a national title, but both Miami and Florida State are struggling as well. It does not get much better than that.

7. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I saw on tv that the tickets left for OSU-UM ar going for $7,000. :wow: