College Football - Early Season thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Kansas State routs Texas!!!!!!

Come on you Wildcats!!!!

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yep...hate Urban!!!!

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Gators are Tiger bait next week... geaux Tigers!!!

4. Fern72

Fern72 Member

USC!!!!!!!!! Enough said. quickdraw, i feel you on the Lions, i have a soft spot for Penn State.

5. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Sure as hell couldn't imagine them losing to Stanford at home, though.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sheesh.... I wonder when the Buckeyes are gonna get their asses in gear and show us what they really got.

7. krhimself

krhimself New Member

And the Gators lose another close one, as well. Yesssss!

8. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Standford, i can't believe it. It was a long walk back to my car after that night. :cry: :cry:

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine was at the USC game also (his first of the season), we went to the UCLA game last year so USC has lost 4 games in the last 60 and he is 0-2 (he's been banned). No need to worry Fernando my Arizona Wildcats (We Stink!!!) are coming to town, and a feel-good blowout is in order.

10. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Well that's what i thought about Standford. We have no recievers and the big guy(Patrick Turner) is a bust. To bad i'm not a basketball fan, at least i would have something to look forward to.

11. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Rutgers beats USF

Well, there goes the perfect season for USF. The mojo might have all but run out after they humiliated UCF on national television (the Orlando area still hasn't recovered from the beating, by the way).

12. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Rutgers beats USF

As an Ohio State supporter, I'm glad USF lost.

But as a realist ... Ohio State has had one EASY schedule this season. It's almost a shame they may end up winning the title.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Rutgers beats USF

(<-- BLATANT HOMER ALERT) -- I beg to differ on the easy schedule. Sure the Big 10 is a little down this year, but it still is tough to go on the road to most of those schools, and we still have to play Lloyd Cooper in The House That Appalachian State Stole. And we beat Washington convincingly in their own barn, that isn't like beating Texas in Austin last year, but that's still a tough feat. I apologize to no one for the tentative #1 ranking this year, and I am getting more fired up for the game at the Cesspool in November.

"Fire Jim Tressel for making all the other coaches in Ohio look bad"

I heard rumors of a plague of locusts striking only one house in the Columbus area, truly a remarkable phenomenon! Allegedly, it was for daring to joke about firing Coach Tressel. :lol:!

14. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Rutgers beats USF

No huge surprise that RU beat UCF. Going into the season RU was supposed to be one of the top few teams in the conference, and though Maryland and Cincy exposed their weaknesses, they're still a pretty good team.

15. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Florida State 29 - 37 Miami -- not the rivalry it used to be, but still an exciting game.

The final minutes really summed up the directions that these programs are taking. The 'Canes are obviously the ones headed the right way.

The Noles will have a hard time even making it to a bowl game this season. Our offense is a shambles, our defense fell apart, and Bobby seems to have no answers (or even possible solutions) to the problems we have. The fourth quarter performance of the Noles really shat me, especially our last few offensive drives, when Xavier Lee made one clumsy mistake after another. In the last drive, he threw THREE straight ground balls to the same location on the field.

That, and his general recklessness with the ball proved to me that the "X-Man" should be X'd out as the savior of this team. I know Mike Gundy won't be happy about me attacking an amateur athlete in this manner, but to me, he's far too erratic.

I've even seen other comments by Noles fans saying that they longed for the days of Chris Rix. That should tell you something. :wow:

fwiw, if the Noles do finish the season with 6+ win, they could come down to Orlando for the Champs Sports Bowl. 8)

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Penn State over Indiana! Go team.

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

My parents went to State College for grad school. Loved it. I actually visited the place once when they went up for a reunion. Nice place. They were there when John Paterno became head coach and often so him at Mass on Sundays.

18. pettyfog

... and now comes the big 'midterm' exam for the Buckeyes. Gonna be NASTY; both inside and outside the stadium.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Ohio State will blow Penn State out of the stadium. Living in the heart of Big Ten country I will be the first to admit the Big Ten is vastly overrated and has been for the better part of the last 5 years.

20. pettyfog

I live in Ohio.. I'm a Bengals fan.. I'm a Crew fan.. I watched Cleveland in the ALCS...look at my sig; EVEN THEN, I expect nothing!