Coke Championship coverage in US and Canada

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BlackandWhiteFilm, Apr 3, 2008.

1. BlackandWhiteFilm

BlackandWhiteFilm New Member

If we go down what's the coverage going to be like? Does anyone know how we'll watch?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Setanta shows some matches from time to time, but not too often. Maybe once every other week they will show one. It will likely be Gentleman Jim and the Internet for those of us following live.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Depends on how many yanks are still on the team. Never underestimate the power of ratings to affect schedules.

Witness wrestling and X Games circuses.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Maybe we could petition the hell out of FSC to show their matches.

:D

5. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I'm with PF. If there are still a few Americans on the team, they will likely broadcast more the games on FSC and Sentanta. I think it is no coincidence they are on TV every weekend as it is. Let's hope, we don't have to hope they will show them. ;-)

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Only Setanta has a contract that allows them to show CCC matches. The only way we'll see FFC on FSC [if we're relegated] will be if we get a cup run.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I would not count on FSC and Setanta to show any games. It really has nothing to do with either channel. They get feeds from England. Unfortunately, the Coca-Cola Championship is simply not shown much in England either. The Premier League trumps that league by a long shot and while there is interest in the Championship, it is not nearly as popular as the Premier League and TV stations can make much more money airing a Premier League game than a Championship match.

Thus, if you do not see Fulham in the CCC on TV next season, don't throw fits at FSC and Setanta. It is not their fault.

8. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

p2p tv on the internet could be one chance to see a few more matches than those shown on FSC or Setanta...but that's not always reliable and you can't really tell if the matches will be broadcast from weekend to weekend...this is how I plan to watch Fulham v. Sunderland this weekend, but it may not work so you have to be prepared for that...

I haven't really investigated the coverage of the CCC because I figured it would be a curse of our Fulham but I will once I return home...

I also agree that is is no coincidence that they are on either FSC or Setanta EVERY week, particularly FSC...they know what gets the best ratings and because of that they are on, and on live, most every week...so we'll have to see.

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

If they go down ... I'll just purchase a season subscription to GJ and be happy with it. As long as it's not just me in the chatroom, I'll still enjoy supporting our Whites.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Coke Championship coverage in US and Canada

I have checked into this and there are not too many CCC matches shown via p2p. There might be one a week or possibly two, but not every match in the league on a given weekend is going to be shown. Perhaps that will change though.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You'll never sit/listen/type/cheer/moan/bitch/kvetch alone, dude.

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Scousers may have copyrighted "You'll Never Walk Alone", but Don maybe on to something..Fulham Fans can rally around "You'll Never Kvetch Alone". :D

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter WHO has the rights, FSC or Setanta. Everyone has their price... that's why it's a contract for the right to show, not a 'contract to show'.

Like I said... we'll see a few games if there's Yanks enough. Like Tom, said, though.. there has a be a TV crew at the game. Once that is established everything else is a matter of satellite time... or on weekends, there's no reason it cant be put through the Transatlantic cable.

Or maybe we could set up our own little clandestine personal video tunnel, huh Mike?

14. RDG

RDG Member

CCCL Coverage in US and Canada

Um, er, uh, I think the R&H Organization might have something to say about that :wink:

15. sfm

sfm Member

RE: CCCL Coverage in US and Canada

One solution, albeit a dear one, is a streaming service at http://www.liveuktv.com. They offer a sport subscription with live Setanta 1 and 2 as well as Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3. SS2 televises a Friday 19:30 GMT match and SS1 shows a one hour show at 18:00 GMT called "Big Championship weekend" which is like MOTD but only Championship focused. Setanta alse televise Championship fixtures in Britain on Saturday that are not available to US Broadband subscribers. Betweeen these channels, we can likely watch the Cottagers a fair amount next season. The service also offers delayed five, eight and 16 hour delayed streaming for viewers in Eastern and Western North America and Australia respectively. On the one hand, the quality is high and reliable, streaming at 418 Kbps with minimal system outages, so much so that I do not have a multichannel TV subscription here in America. It is a fully legal service with no threat of rights infringement-- I checked into it before subscribing. On the other hand, it is dear, around $US 300 per annum. I could not have afforded it myself even a few years ago. Nonetheless, it is probably the best way to watch televised Fulham matches in the Championship. Last, to be quite clear, I have no pecuniary interest whatsoever in liveuktv.com and am speaking only from experience as a subscriber since August. Hope this helps.

16. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

That is some very good and incouraging information sfm...thanks a lot. The only problem is that this subscription covers almost everything you can think of, even NHL hockey, but does not have much CCC coverage...here's the line-up for the sports package this upcoming week.

http://www.livesportontv.com/

17. sfm

sfm Member