CoE Bishop opens dialogue with Muslims

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 7, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Their response: You need to resign

Good to know those in charge of the Religion of Peace (TM) are so reasonable.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

it is to laugh. Saying that minority neighborhoods in Northern England are "no-go areas for Christians," and saying that Christians are afraid to express their religious beliefs because so many Asians in the north are Muslim, is "opening dialogue with Muslims?" By whose definition?

Great example of fair and balanced, though.

3. pettyfog

I guess I should have been blogging those 'street parties' of about six months ago.

Row row row your boat, gently down de Nile..Merrily, merrily..

Are you going to aplogize to me when it's no longer deniable?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

my man, when it comes to anything related to Islam these days, you are increasingly incoherent. Didn't you read the article you linked?

5. pettyfog

EXACTLY WHAT in this post is contradicted? Maybe YOU need to set aside the cling-wrap hat.
    The Bishop had the nerve to gently point out that you really couldnt 'be a Christian' in some areas...and they called on him to resign.

I COULD have been posting this:
    [​IMG]
    which, by the way, brought out no arrests or outcry from either the governemnt or the Islamic leadership.

Or I COULD have been pointing out this:
    UK to Prosecute {BNP member} blogger for inciting religious hatred

Maybe you should read the comments in the Telegraph article link. Dont tell me those are just a reflection of the publisher... people are getting fed up because they can no longer deny what they are seeing.

6. Fern72

Fern72 Member

RE: Re: CoE Bishop opens dialogue with Muslims

This is a touchy subject, but i feel that the muslim community in England has got out of control, and by this i mean they have taken over in areas and claim it as their own. I remember watching on the BBC about uprising in muslim communities, goverment officals tried to have a meeting with the people inthe community. They told them that they had no right to be their, excuse me this is England not Iran, Syria etc.. stated the govt. offical.

As a practicing Christian i have no hate or anomosity towards them, but if you come to a free country don't try and change everything to fit your extreme views. They tried the same in Australia and the Prime ministry told them if they didn't like the Christian values that allows them their freedom then leave.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, you could have posted both those things, because they had nothing to do with the Bishop's remarks either. Your intent is to display Islam as violent and intolerant. Fair enough; there's plenty of examples you could use. But not EVERY statement made by every person who is a Muslim shows intolerance or incites violence. Read what the Bishop said again and then tell me once more that this was his attempt to "open a dialogue" with Muslim members of his community.

Remember the old days when you used to attempt to APPEAR to employ a string of logic?

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi Don,

I believe that no-go areas do exist, but in the minds of the well meaning Christians who are affraid to offend anyone becasue a small pocket of Muslims will play the faith card and claim hatred. It is just another form of political corecentess where the majority treads carefully to avoid offending a minority on a subject that only a microscopic amount would be bothered about.

There are some real areas which are no-go for non-muslims, but this is a gang culture driven by youth rather than the Immans, and is no different from the gang culture found across many cities in the rest of the world.