Coca-Cola Championship Predictions for 2007-2008 Season

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Another season is upon us in the Coca-Cola Championship. As we have done the past two seasons here at FulhamUSA.com, predictions will be made now and likely made fun of later in the season. At least mine will be made fun of as predicting this league has proven to be one of the more difficult things to predict in soccer. Anyways, predict which three teams will get promoted into the Premiership for the 2008-2009 season. I will go first:

Cardiff
    Wolves
    Southampton

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

enny, menny, minny, moe...

Wolves, Shef Wed, Charlton

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tom ... TOM!

You're breaking my heart here. Too early, dude; too early.

Sigh.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

charlton
    watford
    colchester

okay, maybe not colchester but i've inexplicably become a huge fan of them.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont really care but I can be safe...

Preston will miss it by THAT MUCH!

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Charlton
    Watford
    Wolverhampton

7. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Wolves
    Charlton
    Cardiff

Poor ole Colchester got their strikers stolen and now they're going to be in the battle for their lives! Or should I say their spot in the CCC?

8. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Right now I would have to say Watford and Wolves, and I reserve the right to name my third team at a later date.

:D

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A quick note regarding the Coca-Cola Championship. Setanta will be showing one LIVE match each week at 12:20PM ET/11:20AM CT on Saturdays. In years past finding a CCC match at a reasonable hour was a rarity. I am excited about this as I enjoy watching this league.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i love the CCC. my top 3 choices for promotion are Wolves, Stoke, and Watford

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

I agree with Tom. The CCC is a much more competitive league than the EPL, and if there were more CCC games on TV, I'd almost rather see Fulham down there. At least we'd have a decent chance to finish in the top half of the table and maybe even have a winning record. As long as we're in the EPL, I don't see us having a winning season (ok, maybe once, but certainly not more often than the occasional fluke year).

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Watford (on the yo-yo), Wolves, and...PALACE! PALACE! PALACE!!

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Nevzter, are you a Palace fan too? Outside of Fulham, Crystal Palace is my favorite club team. I was hoping they would be home when I go in December/January, but they are not. Unfortunately, I do NOT rate their chances of getting promoted this season. I like your optimism though!! Wolves is another team I cheer for as well.

14. nevzter

I support Palace too, as my visit to Selhurst Park was the first Euro match I ever attended. I am a myopian re their promotion chances, however I will continue to support them wholeheartedly (of course, after the Cottagers). I've seen your previous posts on your fondness for Palace and it warmed my heart.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have two reasons for cheering for Palace. The first is that in their season in the Premiership during the 2004-2005 season, they were not very good, but they played hard, and I enjoyed watching them. Because they were so bad, my wife started feeling bad for them and started cheering for them. Thus, along with Fulham, she cheered for Palace and I cheered for them too....except against Fulham.

The second reason is that when I went to London that same season, my brother and I spent a day on the tube and various different trains and trams checking out four or five stadiums. Because my wife liked Palace we went to Selhurst Park through the cold and light snow near Croyden. While there, the people in the club shop were great and the head groundskeeper let my brother and I onto the pitch. We walked around it for about 15 minutes and it was really cool. I will never forget how well the folks at Palace treated us.

I will always hold a special place in my heart for Palace. Go Palace!!

16. nevzter

Great story, Tom. I found their supporters to be very welcoming as well, especially with the pints...

17. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Thought it was time to resurrect this thread. How's everyone feeling about their predictions?

18. Gregweaver

Gregweaver New Member

well probably not too hot seeing as it's down too

WBA
    Stoke
    Hull/Bristol City

I only see one person picking Stoke, I was drinking the Charlton and Watford koolaid as well, I think I fancied Wolves and Ipswich after that, so honestly I'd have been dead wrong as well

19. Bradical

Bradical Member

Watford made it interesting today for a little while getting that first goal, but fell apart. They play like dogs, but I like their manager, fans, and kit.

As an aside, having only followed the EPL for about 3 years now, do people really remember who gets relegated/demoted each year, or are they just cannon fodder, never to stick in the memories? I ask because I find it fascinating each year to learn about new (to me) clubs, but at the end of the year it's usually, "We never knew Ye."