CLUB STATEMENT

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 4, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Club Statement from the official:

Following the recent decision of the Premier League Commission regarding West Ham United Football Club, four clubs, being Charlton Athletic, Fulham Football Club, Sheffield United and Wigan Athletic, have today sent a letter to the Chief Executive of the Premier League. Further consideration is being given to other steps to be taken in due course.

No further comment will be made by the four clubs at the present time.

I admire the club for putting its name out there. Sources say that Mo hosted the chairman from the bottom 5 clubs at Harrods this afternoon to discuss the FA.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Let's hope Fulham can avoid the drop without the help of the courts. I also admire the club's decision to go after the Premier League's decision with West Ham, but I would just as soon see Fulham put relegation in the rearviewmirror so we do not have to worry about the court cases that will follow all summer long without knowing which league Fulham will be playing in.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Go MAF! I hope that we win tomorrow and still push it. WHU played an illegal player and if they get away with it, why wouldn't other teams facing relegation do the same thing? Five million pounds vs. staying up and getting lots more 20-30 million pounds?) What a deal!

If that's ok, why can't MAF "rent" Ronaldinho from Barca for tomorrow's game for a million pounds or so? OK, so we used an illegal player? Where do we send the check for 5 million pounds to?

Well, maybe that's over the top a bit...

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Good. Worst that happens is that the case is a loss and nothing is gained. As it is, illegible players is a very big deal and I believe that is worthy of a point deduction.

5. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

AFC Wimbeldon is getting point redudctions for fielding an illegal player, why can't West Ham?

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Very interesting. I hope to god that our survival dosen't come to this! What a nightmare.

If nothing else its definite proff that MAF is looking over his shoulder big time.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Forgive my ignorance, but... who was this illegal player and why was he illegal?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the two Argentinians -- Tevez and Mascherino. They were illegal because they were not beholden to either the club they transfered from or the club they transfered to [W.Ham], but rather to a business consortium that was rumored to be ready to take over the Hammers before the Icelandic Troll did.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Ahh. That does sound... shady.

10. RDG

RDG Member

Hmm, I wonder if MAF took them to the Green Man Pub in the basement for a couple pints of London Pride . . .

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm, Fullers. A couple of 1849s are a great warm-up too. I wish MAF would use the solicitor funds to buy a center back instead...but if tomorrow doesn't work out, maybe a writ will...