cleveland Baracks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Clevelandmo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hey, if that's your cardio, go for it!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I think they are grossly over estimating how much preventative medicine will reduce health care costs. A certain percentage of people just avoid the doctor whether they have healthcare coverage or not. These people will still end up in the emergency room because they have waited too long to get help. Similarly, a lot of people dont listen to what the doctor says. The perfect example of this is diabetics who dont follow the doctors orders even though they know the result is likely amputation of a toe, foot or leg someday. You do preventative care because it is the right thing to do, but I bet it will only make a difference with 30% of the population, and that is being very optimistic.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Two articles in the UK press:
    Your Healthcare reeks, Yanks

- It's the independent. What else would they opine! I'd like to know, though: If they held the same sort of 'triage open house' in London, what would happen? Somehow I bet a lot of people .. maybe just as many... would show up.

The truth hurts: Americans do have better health care than we do

- From the Daily Mail, so some will discount that. But after a while, the anecdotal horror stories about the state of care in NHS cannot be ignored. There's just too many of them.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

TopDoc on Ailing Health Care System

- More on Google News