Chris Colemans Team

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jul 11, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

With some of the newest developments in SW6, I think I can say that Coleman knows exactly what players he wants on his team.

Committed
    Hard Working
    Who want to play for Fulham Now and Later

The evidence is there, Steed wants to leave next year and now he is with the reserves in Austria. Volz hasn't signed a new contract and he's getting the cold shoulder from the staff. Collins has been described as lazy, unmotivated and not willing to play out on the right...now the papers are reporting that Chris has told him to improve his work rate or its 'goodbye'. Thus you see Birmingham have come in for him (although I personally think that Collins tried to call Cookies bluff and Cookie is now the one holding the cards).

Jimmy Bullard, described by Wigan fans as a work horse and lastly, this Swedish striker Bjorn we are after is described on the 10 websites I've read thus far as being the hardest working player in Swedens top league. Add McBride, Helguson, etc...and you see where I'm going with this.

I have to respect Chris' decision to bring in these type of players but can a team like ours also let a talent like Steed sit on the bench even if he's going to leave? Volz is a different circumstance but if he wants to go to Germany then we should sell him there...

Head....hurts.... :wow:

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I like what you are saying, as it could be the opportunity for a more cohesive team, which we all hope means more wins. If Cookie really is masterminding (new word) a move to acquire these type of players and create such a team (and I would always take heart over talent within reason), I am now one of his bigger supporters. But I will wait to see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

Hope you're right Mike. Hope you're right.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Must have beer; must have beer. :D