Chris Coleman set to replace Speed as Wales coach

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jimsig, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm. I wish Coleman well, but I wonder how effective he can be there. He's been moving from place to place in a short time span.

Can someone help remind what was it that forced Coleman out at Fulham? Just a poor record at the end? My memory is failing me these days.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Fulham legend as a player and for the most part a pretty solid manager. If memory serves his last season in charge the team was going pretty well and then hit the wall and went through a long stretch (starting around mid-Feb.) where we couldn't buy a win. With a month left MAF decided the team needed a jolt and Sanchez came in (Clint's goal against Liverpool that year was pivotal to keep the team up).

Really thought Cookie was going to do well at Coventry City, but to no avail. Really hope he does well for Wales.

4. RDG

RDG Member

Cookie's best managing days were with FFC. Allegedly, among other things, he got fired for taking the job too seriously and hitting the bottle (see Steve Kean's recent drinks driving charge to realize that's Coleman's style). I wish him well and hope all goes well for everyone.