Chelsea vs Man U on FOX

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by MisterF, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Really dislike both teams but pretty excited to watch it on network TV.

With the way it's been promoted, I'm excited to see if the rating gets even better.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:text-+1:

3. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Very sloppy so far but evenly matched. Refs are definitely letting a lot of things go.

4. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow Sturridge off Evans, nothing but net. Chelsea up 1-0.

Really great run by Sturridge and then chaos in front of the net. Very fitting goal for the way this game has gone so far.

5. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Great cross from Torres and incredible volley from Mata. 2-0 Chelsea :icon-surprised:

De Gea had NO chance

EDIT: Geez, now David Luiz makes it 3-0

6. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Suddenly we have a game. After 2 Rooney PKs, it's just a one goal difference. Should be an interesting final 20 mins

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Wow, thought ManU were going to lose after going down 3 goals. Fun game to watch, even though I dislike both teams. But glad the lesser of the two evils came back for a draw.

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

"Dear Superbowl, Top that!" Indeed! Laughed out loud on that one.

9. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Still can't believe this shot/save. Great stuff!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wynTS7cRljU[/youtube]

10. tim

tim Active Member

Overnight ratings are in for this match and it earned a 1.0, so a marginal improvement on the Arsenal-ManU match a couple weeks ago. My suspicion (assuming Fox continues to schedule only the biggest matches for the over-the-air network) is that these ratings will continue to improve somewhat, but will probably peak around a 1.5 at most. At the early hour, there's going to be a ceiling on just how high they can go.

That begs the question if the live broadcasts should run solely on FSC and FS+ with the network showing a delayed broadcast to more casual fans later in the day. While it may net more total viewers in the end, I'm wary of delayed broadcasts. It seems a temporary solution at best. An ideal scenario would have people used to tuning in to Fox regardless of the hour to see a match. But that, in turn, would require more consistency in scheduling, something along the lines of a game of the week. Pie in the sky, I know, but probably a worthy goal.

11. MisterF

MisterF New Member

With the amount of promotion I figured it'd be higher than the Arsenal one but was hoping for a little higher than a 1.0. I do agree with the limitation about the early hour, especially yesterday. My guess is that most people were either running errands before the Super Bowl or at church or something.

I'd be interested to see how much better it would do at the 3 pm slot on delay. I know personally, I was having trouble finding something to watch at that time because I didnt find it necessary to begin my Super Bowl coverage 3 hours prior to the game.

A game of the week would be great someday!