Chelsea can go bang

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by inastance, Jan 29, 2007.

1. inastance

inastance New Member

Hi everybody!

I'm not only new to the site, but a new Fulham fan as well. I've really gotten into soccer since this past year's World Cup. So much so that I'm starting to watch FSC and goltv more than ESPNU. Scary for a lifetime basketball and football fan. I think I realized that I was done for when I got up at 7am on Saturday morning to watch Tottenham vs. Southend with my buddy, who is a big Spurs fan.

I guess I was attracted to FFC because of the Americans with the club - especially since Dempsey signed... but also because I'm tired of seeing the smug look on Mourinho's face every fricken time I turn on the tube. Also, the "great f***ing ball" video on youtube (McBride) made me go buy FIFA '07 for PS2.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and if anyone is in the LA area, maybe I'll see you at The Fox and Hound in Studio City for an upcoming match. I'll be the one working on my Ray Hudson accent. I LOVE that guy.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome to the site! Any and all Fulham fans are welcome. I am glad to hear you have picked up soccer and specifically Fulham. How did you find FulhamUSA?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And where in OC are you from My missus is from Santa Ana, and I have inlaws all over the county.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Welcome aboard!

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Boy...Talk about Total immersion, a Ray Hudson reference!

You should have heard Hudson when he was managing... outrageous comments for every topic.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The OC in da house! Livend in Huntington Beach for a bit. Nice area. Welcome.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

As a fellow resident of the LA area, I can verify his new found obession with the beautiful game (Ray Hudson imitations aside). The fact he's willing to drive from anywhere behind the "Orange Curtain" up to Studio City (45 minutes to 1 1/2 hr. in GOOD traffic and where in the OC he lives) is definetly proof enough. Inastance, I would recommend getting down to the Home Depot Center and watch Razov and the Goats or the Galaxy play (not sure if they had any key signings though??).

8. inastance

inastance New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm in North Orange County, specifically La Palma/Cypress area.

I actually got over to Home Depot Center for the USA vs. Denmark friendly last week. It was a good time despite only 10,000 fans. Sam's Army was a treat though.

And Joe, no doubt I'll be at numerous Galaxy games this year - my girlfriend is an Orange County HS soccer referee (just feeds the new habit) who gets flushed when I even mention Landon Donovan OR Beckham - so now with the two of them at the same place, I'm screwed-ville. My silent protest will be to wear the black and white instead of the green and gold (at first anyway). :D

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Failing that... wear a Crew Jersey. Cant help but upset a few.

10. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Welcome inastance... I am also a native "countian", 30+ years in the City of Orange. I was around when there was actual orange trees. COYW

11. JMF

JMF New Member

Welcome to the forum!