Cheap Airfare...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bearzfan4lfe, Mar 14, 2008.

1. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Being a very broke but ever enthusiastic graduate student...how much do you guys typically spend on airfare, tickets, etc. on your trips over the great Atlantic Ocean to the lovely borough of Hammersmith and Fulham???

I should have money left over after I'm done this may and could hopefully make a trip out there sometime in the fall to catch them against QPR...

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

It will depend on when you want to go and from what airport, if you can get a direct flight from yours it will be a lot cheaper, from Nashville to London Gatwick which is 30 Miles South of London it's around $800 flying into Heathrow is Better since you can use the Subway into london easy, but you may pay more on airfare.

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

My tickets were $715 RT from Atlanta...they dipped below $700 for about two weeks, but the times wouldn't work with my schedule. My guess is that you can get a good fare from Chicago...just checked and for the second week in April, you can fly from Chicago for $580. Pretty dern good...

The accommodation will kill you, though. I am staying with friends...free is good :)

-T

4. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Well now I don't feel so bad since Chicago sounds like the cheapest place to fly out of...thanks guys!

5. jmh

jmh New Member

You'll definitely find better rates if you're willing to fly off-peak late fall through early spring; midweek. For instance, a guy I work for went to London recently. He and his son flew from JFK to Heathrow on a Wednesday night and their flight was less than half full; their return trip the following Sunday was jammed. If you're willing to pick days like that Wednesday when they sell fewer tickets, I think you'd have more luck with affordable airfare.

6. TheRightPants1

TheRightPants1 New Member

Just went over myself a few weeks ago for the West Ham match. I was fortunate to book a United non-stop return for $500 from Chicago. I spent a handful on the match as well, with about $90 going to a seat in H5. Add in a full day of drinking, new scarf, a meat pie, a couple bets, etc. and you're approaching double the admission price. All well worth it, of course.

I doubt you'll get as cheap a flight at this point, but lodging should still be fairly affordable (save for the dreadful exch. rate). Especially if you're willing to stay in a hostel.

7. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Thanks pants, that helps a lot...hopefully your definition of a full day of drinking is the same as mine...

8. TheRightPants1

TheRightPants1 New Member

Bollocksed by 1pm, passed out at 3am.

Admittedly a bit beyond my means but yeah, a whole day 8)

9. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member