Carabao Cup 3rd round vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by astroevan, Sep 26, 2023.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Fulham host Norwich tomorrow in the third round of the Carabao Cup. Silva said that there will be changes for those that deserve to play… not as part of an effort to rest players. He’s definitely playing the word game there. But anyway, the three players that were unavailable over the weekend - Lukic, Tosin and Traore - remain sidelined. I expect there to be a Luke Harris sighting, likely as a sub but who knows. Silva may not say it but I say that some of the midfield definitely deserve a rest.

nevzter, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Sadly it doesn't look like this one will be available on ESPN+. They are focusing on all of the matchups between Premier League teams.

I'd like to see a couple guys get a chance to start - or at least see significant time: Bassey, Ballo-Toure, Harris, and Iwobi.

Norwich started the season strong, but have lost 3 of their last four including a 6-2 thrashing against Plymouth Argyle in their most recent match. They'll probably come out with something to prove, but I hope Fulham gets an early score to tamp down any optimism from Norwich.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Will be interested to see if Josh Sargent is available, he started the season on fire for the Canaries, but got taken out on his last goal by a GK. His injury and their bad form are not mutually exclusive.

4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Glad to see they won!

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It looks like there may be no highlights from this match, which is a shame because from the text description and the stats it seemed Fulham was more threatening. I would have liked to have seen that! It does seem the Fulham attack was still somewhat ineffective - just three shots on target out of 19. However, good enough for the win. I just hope Bassey's injury that saw him leave late in the match isn't serious.

In the next round Fulham will travel to face Ipswich - rival of Norwich and one of 6 remaining teams outside the Premier League. Ipswich is currently just behind league leaders Leicester in the Championship and they came back from two goals down to beat Wolves yesterday.

6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I don't know why the Fulham match is the only one that didn't get highlights from the EFL, but the clubs did release their own highlights this morning. Norwich's are the best:

Fulham's if you just want to hear Gentleman Jim:

nevzter, SoCalJoe and dtowndough like this.
  7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

And then this morning Fulham has blessed us with extended highlights. These highlights aren't much different from the ones from Norwich, but I wonder if this indicates a change in how Fulham is handling the highlights. Normally extended highlights only available with a subscription to FFCTV, but this morning extended highlights were posted for this match along with every other match from earlier this season.

And while I'm posting, the FUL Access video from the Norwich match is worth a watch too:

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It's early days, but Iwobi looks good in the shirt.
    COYW

9. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I suppose the only negative that I see is that both Palhinha and Diop went the full 90. Chelsea is just around the corner...